The Night Of | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Night Of

Reaction Score
Loving Stone playing investigator and trying to track down all of the pieces from that night.

Reaction Score
Very good episode, I hope Stone throat punches the wise ass pharmacist.

Reaction Score
Fisher Stevens has it coming. Weird seeing him in such a bit role. Interesting now that we have another legitimate suspect. Wonder what the twist will be though?

Also great show so far. Very much enjoy.

Reaction Score
thoughts on this show after last night?

only 1 more to go

I like it a lot. Starting to root for him to be able to hang with the cat LOL. I guess that BJ wasn't worth it after all huh?

Can't wait to see what happens in the final.

Reaction Score
the scene with Naz & his lady attorney sharing a kiss in lockup was just weird. Predictable from previous episodes, but weird. The lady attorney offering up alternate suspects when questioning Box could have had greater impact. There were only 2 people who could have told Box about Duane Reade-Naz or the material witness who lied that he was alone. Box now seems to be rethinking his retirement before the trial is over. Maybe some independent investigating on his part in the finale.
Naz is sinking into the abyss at Rikers. Whether he's found guilty or innocent of the girl's murder is now immaterial. His complicity in the various acts while in lockup show him to be lacking in character. He's trying to survive, but at what cost to his integrity?

Reaction Score
Still enjoying it but they have a lot of ground to cover in the finale.

Reaction Score
I was reading HBO didn't even release the finale in advance to critics, so this episode will be a surprise to everyone! Also saw it's 1 hr 45 mins. Almost a movie.

Reaction Score
I was reading HBO didn't even release the finale in advance to critics, so this episode will be a surprise to everyone! Also saw it's 1 hr 45 mins. Almost a movie.

My wife will kill me lol. She keeps watching, but is so angry that it is taking so long. She is one of those people that wants the answer, and isn't interested in the process. ;)

Reaction Score
I will admit while watching the opening credits I got the feeling it was just going to be a filler for season 3 of True Detectives and therefore was prepping to be disappointed... Glad I was wrong.
When I saw the opening credits I couldn't help but think and wonder out loud if they were somehow purposely doing the credits in essentially the exact same style

Reaction Score
I am thoroughly enjoying this show. That said, in just a few weeks, Naz has went from a scared little to a crack smoking goon worth the words "sin" and "bad" tattooed on his hands. And this is absurd.

Reaction Score
Yeah I've gotten a little annoyed with Naz' transformation.. The show has been a great summer enjoyment, but there are little things that have kept it from being the "show of the summer"

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I am thoroughly enjoying this show. That said, in just a few weeks, Naz has went from a scared little to a crack smoking goon worth the words "sin" and "bad" tattooed on his hands. And this is absurd.

That aint crack. They are smoking Heroin.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Having not spent time at Rikers Island, I can't speak to what is realistic there. I do feel a little underwhelmed by the court scenes. The witnesses, especially the cops, are way too flip in their testimony. It also feels like the defense attorneys are letting a lot go.

I like it, don't love it.

Reaction Score
I thought it was meh. I have enjoyed the series a lot but the past 3 episodes have bothered me. I have never seen a character so unbelievably poorly written on an otherwise good show (Chandra).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought it was meh. I have enjoyed the series a lot but the past 3 episodes have bothered me. I have never seen a character so unbelievably poorly written on an otherwise good show (Chandra).

Chandra completely jumps the shark the last three episodes, with no explanation for why she did any of those things.

Reaction Score
I loved the finale, I'm totally in the minority and I'm fine with that. Completely agree with the poster who said Chandra jumped the shark, boy did they both that.. Could have used a few more scenes, perhaps another episode to show her instability / weakness to give in to something of that nature. I can look past that for scenes like Box leaving the courtroom to send a message, and the cat having a home.

Reaction Score
Chandra completely jumps the shark the last three episodes, with no explanation for why she did any of those things.
Her character had the depth of a dime. Episode did tie up what really mattered, the impact on Naz. Good show. First episode was the best. Captivating.

Reaction Score
The finale had its moments, it was decent but not great.. for me at least. I thought Turturo (sp?) was very good thru the whole show.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought it was to try to force a mistrial

They leave it out there, but when she was smuggling drugs in her cooter, the idea that sucking face with Naz was part of some master plan seems a little forced.

A Hindu woman sucking face with an imprisoned Muslim man of Pakistani descent is a really, really big deal in both cultures, and requires some explanation. We kind of got the point that she was weak and in over her head with the murder case, but to go from that loose premise to sucking face with a criminal and smuggling drugs for him is a big plot jump that needs to be explained. If you tried that in a creative writing course at UConn, the professor would send back the paper with "PLOT HOLE" circled on the first page.

Reaction Score
Yeah I've gotten a little annoyed with Naz' transformation.. The show has been a great summer enjoyment, but there are little things that have kept it from being the "show of the summer"
Eh, hard to say. There really hasn't been anything that shows his life before this. He went from "good kid" to someone that takes aderall to study to the guy everyone buys their aderall from. He also shied away from answering the "did you like your life before this" question. Seems to me the kid was stuck in a life he didn't really choose. He may just be embracing the darker side of his existing personality.

Reaction Score
here's MY bugaboo with the last episode. Box goes to the prosecutor with the evidence he's accumulated on the financial planner who has the most motive to murder the decedent. Prosecutor decides to roll the dice on convicting NAZ due to the huge amount of circumstantial evidence & hold the financial planner as an ace in the hole. Turtoro's character points out the concept of assumption of presumed innocence in his final summary. If new evidence comes into the possession of the prosecution (police camera photos, bank records) that would help the defense's case, not introducing it shows a win at all costs attitude & flys in the face of the prosecution's opening statement that the position of the State of N.Y. (i.e. the People) is to get justice for the Deceased.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom