The next dominoes (October 13 edition) | The Boneyard

The next dominoes (October 13 edition)

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
So again a lot has happened this week. C-USA is down to its last strike and hoping for a 10-run bottom of the ninth through regionalization. I don't foresee that happening.

What I do foresee is the American adding four schools by the time college basketball season begins. The obvious choice is UAB. According to Matt Brown, another choice as of now appears to be leaning in the direction of Charlotte. The last two remaining spots will go to Rice (2nd Texas school with great academics to appease Navy) and Marshall (good all around athletics and helps Temple with geography).

West: Navy, Tulsa, Rice, SMU, Tulane, Memphis
East: UAB, Charlotte, Marshall, Temple, USF, ECU

The Mountain West will get in the action as well. Colorado State and Air Force are dying to get into the central time zone and will get their wish with the additions of North Texas and UTSA.

West: SDSU, SJSU, Fresno St., Hawaii, Nevada, UNLV, Boise State
East: Wyoming, UNM, AFA, CSU, USU, UNT, UTSA

The MAC looks around and stands pat.

The Sun Belt then makes its move. It politely helps its basketball schools find new homes and then invites two schools to get to 12 overall: Southern Miss and Old Dominion

West: Louisiana, Texas St., UL Monroe, USA, Ark St., Troy
East: Southern Miss, ODU, CCU, App State, Georgia So., Georgia St.

This leaves C-USA will just six schools: FAU, FIU, MTSU, WKU, UTEP, LaTech. Survival mode sets in. They start by adding NMSU and Liberty. That gets them back to 8. Their choice becomes going to 10 or 12 by adding 2 or 4 FCS schools. I think they add two: James Madison and Missouri State.

West: NMSU, UTEP, LaTech, Missouri State, WKU
East: MTSU, Liberty, JMU, FAU, FIU

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
If CUsA is pushing for geographical divisions with AAC I just don’t see them pull in New Mexico State. Won’t happen. Just because they are at the table without a seat doesn’t mean they find one

Reaction Score
The CUSA gambit is like trying to propose a merger when you know your targeted for a hostile takeover.
It’s a nice try and they get points for imagination but it isn’t going to stop the inevitable.

Reaction Score
The only reason for C-USA to add New Mexico State, is because you already have to get to El Paso for UTEP and they are going to need to add somebody. They're historical rivals and it's only an hour drive on I-10 to get between the two. If they are really fortunate, they find a way to add New Mexico State for football only.

Reaction Score
So again a lot has happened this week. C-USA is down to its last strike and hoping for a 10-run bottom of the ninth through regionalization. I don't foresee that happening.

What I do foresee is the American adding four schools by the time college basketball season begins. The obvious choice is UAB. According to Matt Brown, another choice as of now appears to be leaning in the direction of Charlotte. The last two remaining spots will go to Rice (2nd Texas school with great academics to appease Navy) and Marshall (good all around athletics and helps Temple with geography).

The Mountain West will get in the action as well. Colorado State and Air Force are dying to get into the central time zone and will get their wish with the additions of North Texas and UTSA.

The Sun Belt then makes its move. It politely helps its basketball schools find new homes and then invites two schools to get to 12 overall: Southern Miss and Old Dominion

This leaves C-USA will just six schools: FAU, FIU, MTSU, WKU, UTEP, LaTech. Survival mode sets in. They start by adding NMSU and Liberty. That gets them back to 8. Their choice becomes going to 10 or 12 by adding 2 or 4 FCS schools. I think they add two: James Madison and Missouri State.

Omg
Liberty and JMU are not going to conference USA.

Liberty has much higher aspirations than the worst FBS conference.
JMU already turned down the SunBelt when it asked several years ago. They probably could’ve gone to the AAC if they wanted. But even that is much less attractive.

Reaction Score
UMass fan here and curious what you think of a 4-5*game scheduling alliance with the MAC for bowl access. Know you have no interest in a FB only with the MAC as posters are very strong in support of being able to schedule 4-6 P5 games yearly.

*5 games including UMass, if they ever take UMass as a FB only.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
UMass fan here and curious what you think of a 4-5*game scheduling alliance with the MAC for bowl access. Know you have no interest in a FB only with the MAC as posters are very strong in support of being able to schedule 4-6 P5 games yearly.

*5 games including UMass, if they ever take UMass as a FB only.
Id be fine with playing 2 games a year as long as they are pay day games where UConn is home to make sure we get on TV. UMass yearly home and home would be separate. Not really interested in a scheduling alliance.

Reaction Score
Id be fine with playing 2 games a year as long as they are pay day games where UConn is home to make sure we get on TV. UMass yearly home and home would be separate. Not really interested in a scheduling alliance.
You just made this agreement without discussing it with the rest of us!?

Reaction Score
Are you like Liberty and already have bowl access, if so it was a bad idea on my part.

Reaction Score

mountain west and mac already make good geographic sense so the aac, cusa, and sun belt should just agree to divide up the remaining teams into 3 regions like cusa and sunbelt have already suggested. aac gets the texas/western teams, sunbelt gets the southeastern teams, and cusa gets the rest.

no one gives a flaming crap about any of those teams anyways. the only thing standing in the way of logic and reason is aresco's stubbornness and pride, if you can even be proud to run a dung heap like the aac.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Are you like Liberty and already have bowl access, if so it was a bad idea on my part.
If we win 6 games, there is an overflow of bowls so we’ll backfill into one anyway.

Reaction Score
What I do foresee
FIFY:

AAC: (OK/TX/LA)
1 Tulsa
2 SMU
3 UTEP
4 UTSA
5 Rice
6 North Texas
7 Texas St
8 Tulane
9 La Tech
10 Louisiana
11 UL Monroe

Sun Belt: (AR/MS/AL/FL/GA)
1 Arkansas St
2 Southern Miss
3 UAB
4 South Alabama
5 Troy
6 Georgia St
7 Georgia Southern
8 USF
9 FIU
10 FL Atlantic

CUSA: (PA/MD/VA/NC/WV/KY/TN)
1 Temple
2 Navy
3 ODU
4 ECSU
5 Charlotte
6 Coastal Carolina
7 App St
8 Marshall
9 Western Kentucky
10 Memphis
11 Middle Tenn

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
mountain west and mac already make good geographic sense so the aac, cusa, and sun belt should just agree to divide up the remaining teams into 3 regions like cusa and sunbelt have already suggested. aac gets the texas/western teams, sunbelt gets the southeastern teams, and cusa gets the rest.

no one gives a flaming crap about any of those teams anyways. the only thing standing in the way of logic and reason is aresco's stubbornness and pride, if you can even be proud to run a dung heap like the aac.
And by run you mean run it into the ground.

Hondo 77

The voice of reason
Reaction Score

So the AAC teams get less money so the CUSA and Sun Belt teams get more?

Reaction Score
So the AAC teams get less money so the CUSA and Sun Belt teams get more?
instead of having to pillage cusa for the million dollar tv contract theyre about to get? yeah it's not worth it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom