OT: - The new shows on TV this season... | The Boneyard

OT: The new shows on TV this season...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Most of them seem to be "meh", at least in the previews, but has anyone come on a show that they thought was worth watching?

I happened to catch the pilot of The Big Leap with Scott Foley - he's surprisingly funny, and it was much better than I expected.

I'm curious what others have seen? Thoughts? What about returning shows? Any of them seem to have had a big jump (or decline) in quality/interest?

Side note - I KNOW The Geno Show will be incredibly high quality and supremely interesting, but it hasn't started yet... ;)

Reaction Score
As a part time Vegas resident and fan of the previous shows, I think the "sequel" return of CSI Vegas could be interesting. I believe the first show is October 6th.

Reaction Score
The black Wonder Years reboot is interesting in how it doesn’t shy away from race. Ordinary Joe’s what if concept is at least different. But I mainly watch British cop shows.
So many good BBC crime solving options, with the wonderful Vera leading the pack.

Reaction Score
Here is a good summary (and gradings by the writer) for some of the new shows. We watched "Alter Ego" and "La Brea" pilots. "Alter Ego" was a dud. "La Brea" pilot wasn't bad but it's hard to see the latest "Lost" wannabe having a lot of staying power beyond one season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I caught La Brea last night. It was interesting, but the CGI work on the wolves and sabertooth tiger left a lot to be desired.

Reaction Score
I caught La Brea last night. It was interesting, but the CGI work on the wolves and sabertooth tiger left a lot to be desired.
I won’t watch one episode of a NBC sci-fi show. They prematurely cancel them almost everytime. I’m still mad about Surface (2005) being cancelled after 1 season. They even cancelled Star Trek. Fox is equally as bad (Almost Human, Firefly, Sarah Conner Chronicles, The Orville, etc.). I didn’t watch Heroes until it was on streaming.

Reaction Score
So many good BBC crime solving options, with the wonderful Vera leading the pack.
Vera is great! Shetland is even better, both based on books by Anne Cleves. The Bay featuring a female family liaison officer is also excellent. I should probably admit that I have been selling, publishing, and reviewing mystery/crime fiction for 50 years.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Don't watch virtually any of those sort of shows. Survivor, Amazing Race when it was on, Tough as Nails as well. None of the other network reality shows (watch plenty on HGTV / Food Network, etc). Mostly sports. Some historical and political shows, often specials, most recently relating to the 9/11 anniversary.

We watched a few episodes of the drama 911 a couple years back, when they were dealing with a tsunami. This season the story line involves, I think, a blackout, we did tape it. But probably won't watch the whole season. Last show we watched, until it was cancelled, was Designated Survivor.

We are not opposed to network programming - grew up with it and watched plenty "in the day", it is just that times change.

Reaction Score
Vera is great! Shetland is even better, both based on books by Anne Cleves. The Bay featuring a female family liaison officer is also excellent. I should probably admit that I have been selling, publishing, and reviewing mystery/crime fiction for 50 years.
Would agree, the Brits put together excellent shows, and their acting is a step above those stateside...while there are more than a couple of BBC crime solving options, it doesn't get any better than Endeavor with Shaun Evans, Roger Allam, James Bradshaw & crew.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not watching that much. But we saw a few episodes of “Ghosts” which is a sitcom mixture of Beetlejuice meets Bewitched meets Bob Newhart’s last series. It has its moments but it’s sort of a one joke premise that might wear thin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom