The new Gampel court | The Boneyard

The new Gampel court

Reaction Score
It looks great. Simple and very clear it is Uconn's. Many,many wins on it in the future. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Hmmm....... The top of each lane has the Big East logo. I guess that answers the conference realignment questions. :confused:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Hmmm....... The top of each lane has the Big East logo. I guess that answers the conference realignment questions. :confused:
Not really, LOL. Even if they were asked and accepted today they would remain a member of the Big East for probably at least two more years.

Reaction Score
Thanks to the power that be that it’s not some garish monstrosity

Nan, so you not a fan of Oregon’s horrendous court? I get a migraine whenever I watch a game being played there.

So this is a good conversation question. Which college courts do some of you like? I like Wichita States, Creightons. Even Iowas. Just a few that come to mind.

Reaction Score
As the basketball capital of the world, there is no need for the court floor itself to make a statement, the women and men that call it home provide that and the unequaled array of banners that fly above bare witness to Uconn's dominance. Well done. If history holds true, in it's inaugural season there will be a dual celebration at season's end adding two more banners in the rafters come April 2024!

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
As the basketball capital of the world, there is no need for the court floor itself to make a statement, the women and men that call it home provide that and the unequaled array of banners that fly above bare witness to Uconn's dominance. Well done. If history holds true, in it's inaugural season there will be a dual celebration at season's end adding two more banners in the rafters come April 2024!
Oh, I think that the court does in fact make a statement. No trashy court, the statement I get is we are here for basketball, we need no garbage on our court. We are the statement, we are the college basketball capital of the world. We are the Huskies case closed.

Reaction Score
I wonder how the players like playing on that LED court FIBA is using. I was surprised how much I liked it. I can thing of so many ways it could be a great idea.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm happy that they kept it clean, don't like the courts that have too much on it like Oregon's. I didn't like it when they did the unveiling of UNLV's new court, too tacky.

1691349290113.jpeg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I'm happy that they kept it clean, don't like the courts that have too much on it like Oregon's. I didn't like it when they did the unveiling of UNLV's new court, too tacky.

View attachment 90434
It looks worse in person. SMH. :confused: I've been to Thomas & Mack Arena many many times. I was there for the NBA summer games 3 weeks ago.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
These floors can feature advertisements, ads, and announcements ($$$) during time-outs and halftime. The audience is a "captive" one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom