The new class in town | The Boneyard

The new class in town

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This article is great. Alot of Fresh quotes including one that is at the top of the class

The 2020 Group of 6 has impressed the Hall of Fame coach with their competitiveness and work ethic, even through the ups and down just about every freshman has.
That’s not different than 32 years ago, but there are differences.

“We didn’t have any 6-foot-5 kids on the team in 1988,” Auriemma said. “We didn’t have the kind of quickness and athleticism in 1988. What we have to do now is find what style works for us. Some years it’s easy and other years it’s not. Right now with this team they have more of a full-court mentality. They want to go. They want to run. The best way to describe it they want to play like they’re used to playing. They go up and down and do dangerous and ill-advised passes and it’s like they all become (Philadelphia Eagles QB) Carson Wentz.

“But they love the game. They love being in the gym and working on their game. We can work with that. I still tell them the things they have to do and remind them that they’re not exactly the finished product and they’ve got work to do. But I do like the way they go about things. I don’t like it all of the time and I’m not saying it’s ideal. But these freshmen are good to be around, all six of them.”

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno is talking about the freshman pack, but they aren't going out there to play in a bunch. I do enjoy the fact that Geno enjoys them and largely applauds their hustle and grit.

Reaction Score
Maybe!! A lot of the I'll advised passes are just too good, or too unexpected to be headed their way to be caught!!

Reaction Score
I really can't remember Geno being being as complimentary with any other class he has brought in. And it appears he is actually happier with their mental makeup than their physical ability.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom