The new AP Poll tomorrow... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The new AP Poll tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Jerry1714 said:
Your crying about here does so much to stop it.

I am sure espn says hey lets not mention dd got hurt cause we hate uconn! You guys are so delusional I feel bad for ya

Not crying at all. Frustratingly attempting to get some to understand basic information, yes.

One more attempt: a Wooden award candidate and all-american caliber point.guard scores over 20 pts in the second half in a game that included a weird pregame technical, an injury to a key player who then gutted out the second half on ESPN's own network and it gets zero coverage on a weekend when there are no other major sports events.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree,SMU was not a bad lost. They are also 16-4 and undefeated at home.

Reaction Score
SubbaBub said:
Not crying at all. Frustratingly attempting to get some to understand basic information, yes. One more attempt: a Wooden award candidate and all-american caliber point.guard scores over 20 pts in the second half in a game that included a weird pregame technical, an injury to a key player who then gutted out the second half on ESPN's own network and it gets zero coverage on a weekend when there are no other major sports events.

IMHO that has a lot more to do with the perception of Rutgers than it does with us. The only way that game is news is if we lose it.

Reaction Score
People are forgetting about Texas which just beat 3 consecutive top 25 teams in Iowa State, Kansas State and Baylor.

I believe Creighton, a team like us just outside the top 25, receive more points than we did last week. I believe they just beat a ranked team this past week as well. Since few teams ranked in the lower part of the top 25 lost last week, I think we'll end up just outside the top 25, with Creighton and Texas moving in.

Here's where the AAC conference schedule really hurts us. The losses to Houston and SMU drop us out of the top 25, making it very hard for us to make up ground and get back in there. Any losses to unranked AAC teams has a very bad effect on our ranking, making wins against the few top AAC teams absolutely critical. There's very little margin for error, compared to the old Big East where we could lose a bunch of games against ranked and unranked teams but also win our share of games against ranked teams and remain somewhere within the top 25.
umass seems to be doing okay.
they haven't beaten anyone, and were ranked quite high. let's see what richmond will do to them.
At least uconn has wins over memphis, florida, and several other potential tourney teams.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
J187Money said:
IMHO that has a lot more to do with the perception of Rutgers than it does with us. The only way that game is news is if we lose it.

Possibly it is also possible that being outside the top 25 is a factor. But I am fairly certain the if the logo on the floor was that of the old BE, it'd be bigger news. Not to mention a day game.

Reaction Score
has a 16-4 Uconn team every been ranked outside the top 25?
yes, houston was a bad loss.
stanford and SMU are debatable.
UofL was a loss to a higher ranked team.

There are plenty of opportunities on the schedule coming up with Cincy (2x's), memphis, SMU, and UofL.
Then there is the AAC tourney which could give another crack at Cincy, Memphis, and UofL.
I can see 2-3 AAC teams on the Top 15 (probably in the 10-15 range).

Reaction Score
People are forgetting about Texas which just beat 3 consecutive top 25 teams in Iowa State, Kansas State and Baylor.

I believe Creighton, a team like us just outside the top 25, receive more points than we did last week. I believe they just beat a ranked team this past week as well. Since few teams ranked in the lower part of the top 25 lost last week, I think we'll end up just outside the top 25, with Creighton and Texas moving in.

Here's where the AAC conference schedule really hurts us. The losses to Houston and SMU drop us out of the top 25, making it very hard for us to make up ground and get back in there. Any losses to unranked AAC teams has a very bad effect on our ranking, making wins against the few top AAC teams absolutely critical. There's very little margin for error, compared to the old Big East where we could lose a bunch of games against ranked and unranked teams but also win our share of games against ranked teams and remain somewhere within the top 25.
That is the entire story of Dook and UNC's past 15 years. We can be ranked in the AAC but we can not lose more then a game or two all year the AAC! Even with SMU looking like a real top 25 contender in the next few years that should not be any harder then Quse playing a bunch of scrubs in the ACC this year.

DOOMED!

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
I think UConn has a shot at reaching 24/25. Not getting my hopes up though. We'll get there eventually.

Reaction Score
has a 16-4 Uconn team every been ranked outside the top 25?
yes, houston was a bad loss.
stanford and SMU are debatable.
UofL was a loss to a higher ranked team.

There are plenty of opportunities on the schedule coming up with Cincy (2x's), memphis, SMU, and UofL.
Then there is the AAC tourney which could give another crack at Cincy, Memphis, and UofL.
I can see 2-3 AAC teams on the Top 15 (probably in the 10-15 range).
You do have a good point, as far as this year is concerned with 4 remaining games against currently ranked teams and with UL in the AAC for its first, last and only season. There are enough quality games for this team to make a statement and get into and stay in the Top 25. Not enough IMO to get much higher than, say 12, where UL is currently ranked, if they were to run the table, though I think that's unlikely.

So if you add SMU to the mix, they'll probably have to go 3 and 2 in those 5 games (Ws at home against SMU, Memphis & Cincy with acceptable losses against UL and Cincy in their buildings) plus taking care of business winning all the other remaining AAC games to stick somewhere in the lower half of the Top 25.

I'm finding it hard to get a clear read on this team as far as how good they can be. A couple weeks ago, they looked like a Swiss Cheese team with some alarming holes. But now with both Brimah and Nolan showing solid improvement making teams have to guard the post, Bazz looking like one of the top 2 to 3 players...maybe I should expand that to top top 3 to 5...in all of college hoops, Daniels lighting it up from all over the floor assuming his ankle won't slow him down for any significant period of time, and getting solid contributions from Boatright, Giffey and Kromah most nights, this team could play above their ranking come tournament time.

Their lack of rebounding is still a concern, particularly if they go up against a physical team with a lot of size, especially up front. Their lack of backcourt size has me a tad concerned match-up wise as well. In some of their losses, they ran into teams that have long athletic guards that made it hard for Bazz & Boat to shoot over and get past. Though in some of their big wins they handled some big backcourts and even big frontcourts, so they seem capable of overcoming these factors.

I'm sure we all felt the 2011 team was extremely vulnerable even as late as the end of the conference regular season and that team ripped off 11 straight wins on their way to being the last team standing. Not necessarily feeling this team has all the pieces to come close to accomplishing that feat, but I would not be shocked if they go a round or two deeper than what many the will predict.

Reaction Score
Your crying about here does so much to stop it.

I am sure espn says hey lets not mention dd got hurt cause we hate uconn! You guys are so delusional I feel bad for ya

Subba Bub you are both delusional and embarrassing……but don't fret this comes from Jerry, the guy who doesn't talk basketball unless he's picking picking on someone's posts….this time it was you normally it would be me. Hopefully I set him off again he is both entertaining and ignorant so the combination tells you how you should feel about his stalking you!

Don't you dare post your thoughts Jerry is waiting…….:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I honestly think UConn will be 25, at best. Expect K-State, Baylor, and Ohio State should flop back to 23rd/24th. If uconn doesn't make it to the top 25 then we'll probably be right outside at 26th.

Reaction Score
Our ceiling is very high. We are still 3 weeks away from when we need to start peaking. I am going to quietly believe that will happen. We have a history of peaking at the right time and this team appears right on schedule to be one if those teams. Knock on wood.

Reaction Score
Subba Bub you are both delusional and embarrassing……but don't fret this comes from Jerry, the guy who doesn't talk basketball unless he's picking picking on someone's posts….this time it was you normally it would be me. Hopefully I set him off again he is both entertaining and ignorant so the combination tells you how you should feel about his stalking you!

Don't you dare post your thoughts Jerry is waiting…….:rolleyes:
Almost at 7k posts, congrats......And wow thanks for stalking me, I feel special

Please tell us how good Temple is because they played Cincy close yesterday... I am dying to hear about it

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone want to take a guess where UConn or other teams will be ranked? I think it will be:
1. Arizona
2. Syracuse
3. Wichita State
4. Florida
5. Kansas
6. San Diego State
7. Michigan State
8. Oklahoma State
9. Louisville
10. Villanova
11. Kentucky
12. Michigan
13. Wisconsin
14. Cincinatti
15. Iowa State
16. Duke
17. Iowa
18. Pitt
19. Saint Louis
20. UMass
21. Memphis
22. Creighton
23. Oklahoma
24. UConn
25. Ohio State

1. Arizona
2. Syracuse
3. Florida
4. Wichita State
5. Kansas
6. San Diego State
7. Michigan State
8. Villanova
9. Louisville
10. Michigan
11. Ok State
12. Wisky
13. UK
14. Iowa
15. Cincy
16. Iowa St
17. Duke
18. Saint Louis
19. Pitt
20. UMass
21. Memphis
22. OSU
23. Creighton
24. OK
25. UConn

Reaction Score
Guess nobody saw that Carolina won yesterday against Clemson, yes the same Clemson team that beat DUKE. UNC is front page ESPN this morning, expect to see them back in the top 20.

Reaction Score
Guess nobody saw that Carolina won yesterday against Clemson, yes the same Clemson team that beat DUKE. UNC is front page ESPN this morning, expect to see them back in the top 20.
Clemson won that game at home, they went on the road twice this week and lost by an average of 26ppg.

Reaction Score
Clemson won that game at home, they went on the road twice this week and lost by an average of 26ppg.

I'm aware of how Clemson has fared this year, and that a home win against them is equal to beating Houston at home in our conf. ESPN creamed all over their MBB website saying "They're Back!" after a home win against a middle of the pack ACC team whose best ooc win this year is South Carolina. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get some votes based on winning against a team who forced Duke into submission on the boards.

Reaction Score
Its really just the Houston loss, there's no shame in losing on the road to a SMU that has a good chance to be in the tourney this year barring a collapse. The national perception of this UConn team would be entirely different if they were 17-3 with a "bad" loss to a mediocre Stanford team at home by 2, the Houston loss really effed everything up.
We can soften the effect by absolutely pasting Houston this week at UConn. It's a 9 o'clock start,so maybe we can get a monstrous lead until those Houston boys start to wake up!.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We can soften the effect by absolutely pasting Houston this week at UConn. It's a 9 o'clock start,so maybe we can get a monstrous lead until those Houston boys start to wake up!.

Except the 9 O'clock games have been very bad for UConn so far this year.

Reaction Score
Uconn #26 in AP poll this week. #29 in Coaches poll (which as many have pointed out is worthless)

Reaction Score
Possibly it is also possible that being outside the top 25 is a factor. But I am fairly certain the if the logo on the floor was that of the old BE, it'd be bigger news. Not to mention a day game.

If by bigger, meaning still inconsequential, ok. I have rarely if ever paid attention to Rutgers in hoops. Even when we play them I generally don't watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom