The Negativity is Too Much | The Boneyard

The Negativity is Too Much

Reaction Score
I think it is time for me to step away for a short time from the Boneyard. 68 teams started the tournament; only 1 left happy. The women's game has more parity now than ever, and that is good for women's basketball. Besides us, how many fans want to see UConn take every title? Most of my friends will not root for us because "we win everything." That is no longer true.

We were outplayed by a better team. This was a mirror of the game I saw in the Bahamas where SC outplayed us for the final 3 quarters. We had no answer for Boston nor for Henderson. Some of our players played themselves to complete exhaustion (Paige and Evina); others were hurt, and some had not great performances. Still, I did not expect this team to go as far as they did. Those games with NC State and Stanford were thrilling.

I am tired of reading all of the negative comments about Geno and this set of players. They did their best, and I am thankful for getting to watch them the last few months.

Now I am off to enjoy some golf and swimming. Catch you all down the road.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I have golfed a few times, always because it was "required" as a member of management. I had heart surgery too. Because it was "required" to remain a member of the living. Just now I am struggling to sort out which was less enjoyable. :confused:
What could be more negative than golf?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hey, golf is great! Sometimes the other golfers can be jerks, but like any other activity/hobby, don’t do it if it isn’t fun.
It should be fun to see what Tiger can do in the Masters and a +, no Phil.

Other than that, just waiting until the WNBA Draft and season.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I think it is time for me to step away for a short time from the Boneyard. 68 teams started the tournament; only 1 left happy.
Not sure I agree. Creighton should be very happy. Same goes for any other team who overachieved. The four play-in winners got one more win than they expected. The only legitimate unhappy teams are the ones who lost to a lower ranked team, especially those teams who lost on their home court. By this standard, UConn should be very happy, as they beat two teams ranked higher than them.

Reaction Score
With all the injuries this season I honestly believed this team overachieved I picked them to beat NC State and Stanford but deep down in my heart thought they were gonna lose both now UCF I was confident we would win easily and it was a nail bitter

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it is time for me to step away for a short time from the Boneyard. 68 teams started the tournament; only 1 left happy. The women's game has more parity now than ever, and that is good for women's basketball. Besides us, how many fans want to see UConn take every title? Most of my friends will not root for us because "we win everything." That is no longer true.

We were outplayed by a better team. This was a mirror of the game I saw in the Bahamas where SC outplayed us for the final 3 quarters. We had no answer for Boston nor for Henderson. Some of our players played themselves to complete exhaustion (Paige and Evina); others were hurt, and some had not great performances. Still, I did not expect this team to go as far as they did. Those games with NC State and Stanford were thrilling.

I am tired of reading all of the negative comments about Geno and this set of players. They did their best, and I am thankful for getting to watch them the last few months.

You Got This Mtv GIF by Cameo

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I consider golf an activity and not a sport because the friends I have that are serious golfers have golf bags with built-in beer coolers.

Reaction Score

I share the same sentiments. I, too, have to step away for a while.
I have reached a point where the amount of negativity I've encountered in sifting through the posts looking for some good news and edifying commentary is yielding a diminishing return. I just posted on the Kara Wolters criticism thread expressing my feelings about those who feel compelled to maintain a steady drumbeat of negativity directed at certain of the seniors.
And in a "you can't make this stuff up" bit of irony, one of the disapproving posters has the handle - happydad!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I too feel the need to step away but because of my OCD, I am compelled to return hourly (while I am awake) to check out the Transfer Portal thread and to check to see if Geno has announced any new Huskie(s). I seriously doubt that Geno is actually looking for someone but who knows what is going on in the crazy world of College WBB nowadays. Another Evina or Dorka type player I guess would always be welcomed by Geno.

Reaction Score
I share the same sentiments. I, too, have to step away for a while.
I have reached a point where the amount of negativity I've encountered in sifting through the posts looking for some good news and edifying commentary is yielding a diminishing return. I just posted on the Kara Wolters criticism thread expressing my feelings about those who feel compelled to maintain a steady drumbeat of negativity directed at certain of the seniors.
And in a "you can't make this stuff up" bit of irony, one of the disapproving posters has the handle - happydad!
Don’t pack it in. Make that Ignore Poster button your friend. It makes people disappear and the sunshine return. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom