the NCAA | The Boneyard

the NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Call me what you want (Boat love you and thank you for all you have done for us fans) but I will not be watching a minute of either tourney or even filling out a bracket. Never thought that would be a possibility but that's the way I feel.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Call me what you want (Boat love you and thank you for all you have done for us fans) but I will not be watching a minute of either tourney or even filling out a bracket. Never thought that would be a possibility but that's the way I feel.

Since you never thought it was a possibility..... I take it you were into the NCAA tourney two years ago, when we were put on post season banishment for some retroactive bullsh1t?!?

That hurt worse, bc the kids earned a bid. This year, not so much

Reaction Score
I'll be watching games but more with an eye to see some of the overrated teams get dumped.

Reaction Score
Since you never thought it was a possibility..... I take it you were into the NCAA tourney two years ago, when we were put on post season banishment for some retroactive bullsh1t?!?

That hurt worse, bc the kids earned a bid. This year, not so much

Yes that was awful and just contributes to my anger seeing as how we were dealt with for that bs (by the way what's happening at UNC?). This is a culmination of a lot of frustration notwithstanding last year's improbable and glorious run. I just want the NCAA to disband before our program gets to a point of no return. Unlike most of you I just don't see a P5 bid in our future unless and until we get football to above middle of the pack P5 level on a consistent basis and is that even possible?

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Ya I hear ya, not seeing a p5 invite anytime soon either.... Just gonna have to hope the rest of the league steps up (ooc), so the RPI doesn't drop during conf play. Oh ya and hope recruiting doesn't totally fall off.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Ya I hear ya, not seeing a p5 invite anytime soon either.... Just gonna have to hope the rest of the league steps up (ooc), so the RPI doesn't drop during conf play. Oh ya and hope recruiting doesn't totally fall off.

....and hope our football team starts winning.

Reaction Score
Not the NCAA's fault we are sitting home this year. Let be honest, we were not that impressive at all this year, losses to Yale and Houston and we didn't exactly blow out the bottom crap teams. We had chances for some nice out of conference wins and failed on everyone except a bad Florida team. With all that, we held our own destiny with a home conference championship game to advance and lost. Just one of those seasons.

Reaction Score
We have done that twice with our last 2 national championships especially last year.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I couldn't care less if you don't watch the Tournament, but I think this is a foolish thread title. If you were not already prepared for UConn not making the tournament prior to Sunday Evening, that's on you. UConn was 17-13 going into the Conference Tournament and barely had a quality win all year. The NCAA had nothing to do with it. It would have been great if they stole a bid, but make no mistake, that is exactly what they would have done. They would have taken a bid that should have rightfully gone to another team (Unless that team was UCLA). Fans of Murray State and Temple have a beef with the Selection Committee. Fans of UConn do not.

While UConn is an elite program, the NCAAs are not a birthright. I actually think this is better for team development. 3 or 4 games in the NIT will be more beneficial than a potential 1st or 2nd round loss in the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
I couldn't care less if you don't watch the Tournament, but I think this is a foolish thread title. If you were not already prepared for UConn not making the tournament prior to Sunday Evening, that's on you. UConn was 17-13 going into the Conference Tournament and barely had a quality win all year. The NCAA had nothing to do with it. It would have been great if they stole a bid, but make no mistake, that is exactly what they would have done. They would have taken a bid that should have rightfully gone to another team (Unless that team was UCLA). Fans of Murray State and Temple have a beef with the Selection Committee. Fans of UConn do not.

While UConn is an elite program, the NCAAs are not a birthright. I actually think this is better for team development. 3 or 4 games in the NIT will be more beneficial than a potential 1st or 2nd round loss in the NCAAs.

Dude, that wasn't the point of my post. Like you, I have been watching this team all year and had no expectation of an at-large bid nor did they deserve one. The disappointing thing about yesterday was how the NCAA selection committee undervalued our conference which bodes horribly for the future, I hope you can see that point. My anger with the NCAA relates to its treatment of UConn. You don't think that the scholarship reductions and post-season ban from the APR and the shot at JC didn't have a huge impact on this program that was undeserved? Yes, UConn made some mistakes with how it dealt with athletes and academics but they absolutely pale in comparison to what has been recently uncovered and what is sure to follow. Last year was magical but a total outlier in my opinion. This team is not set up for what it should be given its status among national programs. Christ, we are hoping that Jalen fills Boat's shoes day one which is crazy. The most disappointing thing this year is the lack of development by a lot of our players but we only had one senior on the roster which shouldn't have been the case. You can thank the NCAA for that.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
" the NCAA Call me what you want (Boat love you and thank you for all you have done for us fans) but I will not be watching a minute of either tourney or even filling out a bracket. Never thought that would be a possibility but that's the way I feel."

does not equal:

The disappointing thing about yesterday was how the NCAA selection committee undervalued our conference which bodes horribly for the future...

At your urging, I am calling you what I want. Call me crazy but I don't think you get to be defensive after such an invitation.

This team is not set up for what it should be given its status among national programs. Christ, we are hoping that Jalen fills Boat's shoes day one which is crazy. The most disappointing thing this year is the lack of development by a lot of our players but we only had one senior on the roster which shouldn't have been the case. You can thank the NCAA for that.

This is a different discussion. And if you feel that way, I suggest you consider stop watching college basketball altogether, because it happens all the time and in most places not named Lexington or Durham. The banishment year team did not lose significant material leading into 2013-14. Say what you will about Enosch Wolf, but the addition of Brimah more than made up for his departure (He wasn't a senior either). If it's not acceptable to have only one senior, Why was it acceptable to have none? And why does UConn only have one graduating Senior this year? Because the other two players of significance in his class were Andre Drummond and DeAndre Daniels, who all were recruited during a sanctioned year.

I really don't know what you were expecting in terms of development. Development compared to what? I will give you Nolan, He seemed to regress in the spotlight (Though he played marginally better in the AAC Tournament), but the fact is UConn won the National Championship in 2013-14, and then proceeded to lose 65% of their scoring and 75% of their rebounding. UConn had to give significant minutes played by four seniors (Including a legitimate Wooden Award candidate) and a junior in 2014 to two freshman and three sophomores (two of whom where not on the 2014 team.) and they weren't supposed to skip a beat?

Finally, I have no idea what Jalen Adams will or will not do. Other than position, I don't really follow recruiting as closely as others and more goes into the product on the court than just a 4 or 5 star recruit walking on to campus. I do know this, however. Just like Napier and Boatright, he is highly rated and he is saying all the right things. Why is it crazy that he can't achieve what they did at UConn?

I get that you are disappointed UConn didn't make the Big Dance, and I have my opinion on Mark Emmert as well, but blaming the NCAA is starting to become a tired excuse and at some point, that crutch is going to snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom