the most pressure this season is on: | The Boneyard

the most pressure this season is on:

Reaction Score
DB Coach, Curome Cox!!!
Coming off one of the most disappointing defensive performances since we have gone D1.
Scholarship players - 2 sophomores. 3 RS-freshmen. 8 freshmen. That's it.

Reaction Score
I’d put coordinator on hotter seat than dB coach.
yes as far as hot seat. The title 'shouldve been 'most difficult job'.
Is there a younger secondary in college?
And that's with no starters back on DL.

Reaction Score
yes as far as hot seat. The title 'shouldve been 'most difficult job'.
Is there a younger secondary in college?
And that's with no starters back on DL.

Who left that you’re going to miss? It’s all up from here! Honestly, if these kids develop this could be one helkuva D in a year or 2.

Reaction Score
Crocker won't get fired. We're too young. I don't think Edsall's expectations are that high for the defense. Our backfield hardly even has any upperclassmen in it
Should have been...and will if they give up 4,000 yards passing and 34 passing TDs again. Finishing 129th of 129 in pass defense, and 126th in total defense is not the hallmark of excellence. Why we insist on rewarding failure is beyond me.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Should have been...and will if they give up 4,000 yards passing and 34 passing TDs again. Finishing 129th of 129 in pass defense, and 126th in total defense is not the hallmark of excellence. Why we insist on rewarding failure is beyond me.

If you had your way, UConn would've hired and fired no less than 3 different defensive coordinators this past year. Where is that money coming from?

Reaction Score
I'm surprised they haven't moved Coyle to corner given the raves about his athleticism. Byron Jones made the switch. Hopefully this means they really like some of the corner candidates.

As far as the D goes, supposedly there have been scheme changes and Edsall is on record saying the D will be more aggressive this year. Hopefully more speed at the linebacker positions means more QB pressure from the linebackers.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom