The most dominant post tandem in the country | The Boneyard

The most dominant post tandem in the country

Reaction Score
isn't Coates/Wilson...it's Collier/Williams. I've been telling people that for weeks now and last night certainly confirmed it. Points, 44 to 27, rebounds 23 to 20. Coates/Wilson are bigger, but Collier/Williams are better basketball players. For weeks now, every time Burke, Antonelli, Landers, Sunderland, Goestenkoers, et al, start with the 'Coates/Wilson are the best 1-2 post tandem in the country', I can't help but scream at the TV. I don't want to hear that crap anymore.

With the national TV audience, the late start and all, Gabby's stock for All American went through the roof last night.

Reaction Score
Last night we witnessed the classic UConn way of deconstructing an opponent. Not only do we take away their biggest strength, we also take what they're known for and execute that aspect of the game better than they to. At last year's national championship game, for example, we opened up with a full court press, and easily broke the famed Syracuse press, all to demoralizing and devastating results. Last night we took aim at SC's post dominance. How? By shutting it down completely in the second half, while executing with Gabby and Napheesa, which I agree, contrary to popular opinion is really the best high low tandem in the country. The look on Wilson's face late in the forth said it all.

Reaction Score
I have seen a lot of bb in my day. I never anticipated that Gabby would turn into this type of MONSTER ! She is just the motor that never slows down, or gives up on any play . It is really not just a tandem with the huskies, though. The triangle of Gabby, Phees, and KLS are too much for any team to deal with. Staley must be shaking her head this morning. Her game plan of controlling pace, and physically manhandling KLS was successful. Except that Gabby put on her cape and ran by, jumped over and outfaught gamecocks. Phees played her usual steady and heady game. Way to go Huskies !

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I have seen a lot of bb in my day. I never anticipated that Gabby would turn into this type of MONSTER ! She is just the motor that never slows down, or gives up on any play . It is really not just a tandem with the huskies, though. The triangle of Gabby, Phees, and KLS are too much for any team to deal with. Staley must be shaking her head this morning. Her game plan of controlling pace, and physically manhandling KLS was successful. Except that Gabby put on her cape and ran by, jumped over and outfaught gamecocks. Phees played her usual steady and heady game. Way to go Huskies !
Your second sentence about Gabby is just the reason some Boneyarders should not say as a matter of fact that a player will never be a contributor to Uconn, such as Irwin, Bent, and Butler. As a freshman Gabby was so nervous the one time she got in a game in the big tournament she over shot an easy layup. Geno took her out and she did not return. Some players don't start playing to their potential until their junior or senior year.

Reaction Score
You are joking, right? Stay four years and turn into Gabby?
Butler is 6'5 and it's nice to have have here. Crystal is a Mac All American Both of other freshman will get a lot out sticking with this team. Great coaching prep, incredible experience on the #1 team. But gravity exists even in Storrs.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Do you know for a fact that the players I named above will not progress to be better than average players. No one said anything about turning into Gabby. You must be a prophet if you know how their careers will develop.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
isn't Coates/Wilson..it's Collier/Williams. I've been telling people that for weeks now and last night certainly confirmed it. Points, 44 to 27, rebounds 23 to 20. Coates/Wilson are bigger, but Collier/Williams are better basketball players. For weeks now, every time Burke, Antonelli, Landers, Sunderland, Goestenkoers, et al, start with the 'Coates/Wilson are the best 1-2 post tandem in the country', I can't help but scream at the TV. I don't want to hear that crap anymore.

With the national TV audience, the late start and all, Gabby's stock for All American went through the roof last night.

I just looked at the 4 minute replay on the UConn main page. Gabby and Napheesa were beating Coates off he dribble to the basket like a rented mule. They were blowing right past her most of the night. She blocked a few, very few. Most of their drives to the basket resulted in layups.

Reaction Score
Do you know for a fact that the players I named above will not progress to be better than average players. No one said anything about turning into Gabby. You must be a prophet if you know how their careers will develop.
No not a prophet. Just been around a lot of kids and a bunch of them when on to play for Geno. Did the summer and winter circuit for a bunch of years. I can read scouting reports, look at vitals. Basketball people understand ceilings, it doesn't mean that they aren't wonderful players but this is CT. Have also seen the incoming class, have you looked at them? Nevermind the transfers.
Better than average at Tulane is a different thing. And still not easy to accomplish. Again, this is UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom