The Morning After | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Morning After

Reaction Score
I agree. So give him some help on D by keeping a shot blocker in the paint. He's a short guard, he's going to struggle defending in the paint. Same with Gillespie last year. A big needs to be there to force that ball back outside.
We're #2 in the country in blocks per game despite us playing the apparently terrible hard hedge defense that wastes our bigs defense. It's not an issue

Reaction Score
I agree. So give him some help on D by keeping a shot blocker in the paint. He's a short guard, he's going to struggle defending in the paint. Same with Gillespie last year. A big needs to be there to force that ball back outside.
I know it’s so unfair to compare any coach to Jim Calhoun but yes he liked his shot blocker protecting the rim not switching on guards 25 feet out. I struggle to detect anything good that comes of that and so much bad. Sanogo’s time on the bench due to fouls, him becoming less aggressive in the paint with 3 fouls and guys cutting to the hoop for relatively easy baskets when our center is attempting to cover a guard 25 feet away.
Until we get this insanity fixed, we will fall short in close games more often than not. It has a cumulative effect within a game.

Reaction Score
We're #2 in the country in blocks per game despite us playing the apparently terrible hard hedge defense that wastes our bigs defense. It's not an issue
We had 7 blocks against Seton Hall, above our 6.6 season average. If you didn’t see us naked in the paint with little help, you weren’t watching the same game. Number #21 was also sitting on the bench part of the time or being less aggressive due to the fouls he picked up chasing guards 25 feet from the hoop.
As for shot blocking, we may be #2 in the country in pure numbers but we commit far to many fouls attempting blocks.
So often we would be better off playing good position defense on the ball and jet blocks come from help defense.

Reaction Score
I can't help it.

tumblr_mfxnp32zsK1r1ult6o1_500.gif

Reaction Score
We had 7 blocks against Seton Hall, above our 6.6 season average. If you didn’t see us naked in the paint with little help, you weren’t watching the same game. Number #21 was also sitting on the bench part of the time or being less aggressive due to the fouls he picked up chasing guards 25 feet from the hoop.
As for shot blocking, we may be #2 in the country in pure numbers but we commit far to many fouls attempting blocks.
So often we would be better off playing good position defense on the ball and jet blocks come from help defense.
Yes, Sanogo had some dumb fouls outside the 3 point line which limited his minutes. What I'm disagreeing with is that this is a result of a bad defensive system and not that he just made silly mistakes and fouled. It's very clearly a defensive system that works, especially when 90% of our minutes at the 4 are going to shot blockers in Akok and Whaley

Reaction Score
guys cutting to the hoop for relatively easy baskets when our center is attempting to cover a guard 25 feet away.

Have to admit that this is my theoretical objection to the high hedge, but I don’t think I’ve actually seen it happen. We always seem to get back in time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom