The mojo is already leaving the program | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The mojo is already leaving the program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes!!!! and after Uconn beats Tulane, we can meet in the parking lot, form a big circle, hold hands and sing Kumbaya.
Who gives a fugg? His solution is to sign with the C7. That isn't saving nothing. Even if CV they,get their 3 million dollar,contract that isn't signed. In the grand scheme that is delaying the inevitable. I'd rather just rip off the band aid one shot and,move on.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Does anyone else think there is a competition between ZLS and Nelson to see who can be the douchiest poster?

Man, even I can't touch that level of negativity.

Reaction Score
You guys do know that every time someone posts on this thread it's another minute Nelson spends the sock, KY and paper towels.

The sad dufus gets off on this negative attention.

Reaction Score
So the objective of this board is to mute someone's opinion? A thread develops a life by people responding. I, for one, say let Nelson speak. If it merits a response, give it one. If its as absurd as this one, simply ignore it. What good is a message board if everyone agrees? As long-winded as Nelson's negativity can be at times the majority of this board's complacent attitude on how we should be content is the same approach by our administration that got us in this mess in the first place. Case 1: Realignment Case 2: this years post season ban. Watch how Miami will attack the NCAA and probably win. Many of us on this board felt that the UConn administration should have had a similar response. Instead, I believe Herbst said something to the affect that we will accept our fate and do better going forward. Point is, some people fight for what they believe in and some just accept what is thrown at them. For what its worth, right or wrong, smart or absurdly dumb, let Nelson speak!
I agree to let Nelson speak. However, I feel the best thing to do is ignore his idiotic comments. He is obviously a sociopath who gets his rocks off (pebbles would probably more apropos) by posting these things just to get a reaction from everyone. Don't give him the satisfaction. Unless he actually posts something that is valuable just ignore him. Maybe he'll get tired of us and go to the Red Sox site.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I know I'm fueling the fire by responding to this ridiculous thread, but it has to be pointed out that Forte just ripped Nelson about being too negative. Nelson, if that isn't a sign enough for you to cut it out, I don't know what is. It would be like Whaler telling me I'm arguing too much or HFD telling me I'm being too hard on the administration... :eek:

(Forte, it's all in good fun)

Reaction Score
People have stopped giving a crap. A ton of empty seats at the HCC in a great game between two teams that will both win 20 games. There is essentially no press for the football team anymore. The women still have a pulse, for now.

I know quite a few fans who have given up their season tickets for football. They have no interest in giving up their Saturdays for ECU and Tulane at the Rent. Call them bad fans or whatever. I will take any fans we can get, good or bad, when they are closing off the upper level in 3 years.

UConn is not even mentioned on ESPN anymore. Napier is having a monster season, and nary a peep among the national press. We are irrelevant. Already dead, we just don't know it.
"People have stopped giving a crap." You'd love that wouldn't you? "A ton of empty seats at the HCC in a great game between two teams that will both win 20 games." The crowds have been rowdy and loud the last 3 games at the HCC. The crowds in general have been down attendance-wise for a good 5 years now, way before alignment happened. "There is essentially no press for the football team anymore." There's 2 large articles in the Courant today on Trevardo Williams and Wreh-Wilson. There was an article yesterday on Gratz. "I know quite a few fans who have given up their season tickets for football. They have no interest in giving up their Saturdays for ECU and Tulane at the Rent." That's because those "fans" are just like you. "UConn isn't even mentioned on ESPN anymore." You're right, UConn's last 3 games have been broadcast by ESPN and they didn't mention UConn once. They only gave partial scores the whole game like Syracuse 37.........and Villanova 21.....and Cincinnati 53.....but no mention of UConn. "We are irrelevant. Already dead, we just don't know it yet." You're irrelevant and already dead, you just don't know it yet.

Reaction Score
Watch how Miami will attack the NCAA and probably win.Many of us on this board felt that the UConn administration should have had a similar response. Instead, I believe Herbst said something to the affect that we will accept our fate and do better going forward.

Miami is fighting for its football life. Big difference. We were right in accepting our short term punishment and moving on.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
People have stopped giving a crap. A ton of empty seats at the HCC in a great game between two teams that will both win 20 games. There is essentially no press for the football team anymore. The women still have a pulse, for now.

I know quite a few fans who have given up their season tickets for football. They have no interest in giving up their Saturdays for ECU and Tulane at the Rent. Call them bad fans or whatever. I will take any fans we can get, good or bad, when they are closing off the upper level in 3 years.

UConn is not even mentioned on ESPN anymore. Napier is having a monster season, and nary a peep among the national press. We are irrelevant. Already dead, we just don't know it.
You are right! The university has let down the fans. Soon this forum will become a ghost town. Why you should stop posting right now! That would teach them! That would teach us all!!

Reaction Score
Yes!!!! and after Uconn beats Tulane, we can meet in the parking lot, form a big circle, hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

Sounds fine to me. You bringing the beer or am I?

Reaction Score
I've actually gone to more games this year (Vermont, NC State at MSG, Louisville, and Georgetown this Wednesday) than last year. I love watching and rooting for this team because they play hard every game.

pj

Reaction Score
I agree to let Nelson speak. However, I feel the best thing to do is ignore his idiotic comments. He is obviously a sociopath who gets his rocks off (pebbles would probably more apropos) by posting these things just to get a reaction from everyone. Don't give him the satisfaction. Unless he actually posts something that is valuable just ignore him. Maybe he'll get tired of us and go to the Red Sox site.

Let him speak, but don't let him start new threads. I hate seeing his thread titles on the board. It gives his ideas more exposure than they deserve.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If you disagree with Nelson, you are a bleeding heart lib...

This is The Boneyard, not America, so I have no problem if the decision is excommunication. The Boneyard wouldn't be the same, but... is that good or bad?

Still would like to have a beer with him sometime. haha.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If you disagree with Nelson, you are a bleeding heart lib...

Hey, wait a minute!!! I'm a "bleeding heart lib" and I.....oh yeah, I disagree with Nelson. Sorry about that. Carry on...

Reaction Score

I didn't realize we were playing ECU and Tulane at the Rent this year. Tell your friends they are idiots and do some research. I think Michigan, Maryland, Rutgers and Louiville is a little better competition. They don't want to go because of what our 'supposed' conference will be in 2 years, then this program is better off without fans like them.

Reaction Score

Attendance?

In case you haven't noticed, this has been trending down for 3 years. Hathaway screwed the ppooch. Now, we are seeing a SLUMBER from Warde Manual. I don't think we have any notion that we are going to get dramatically worse. And, I think the focus should be on young alums & young state fans in CT. They have some passion ... need to get them into a further buy in.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I didn't realize we were playing ECU and Tulane at the Rent this year. Tell your friends they are idiots and do some research. I think Michigan, Maryland, Rutgers and Louiville is a little better competition. They don't want to go because of what our 'supposed' conference will be in 2 years, then this program is better off without fans like them.

No it isn't. We will be averaging 20k a game at the Rent in 3 years if we keep going down the path we are going, and the athletic department will either a) suck or b) be bleeding money at an unsustainable rate. You get mad at me for my posts, when I am simply pointing out that the Administrations plan is disastrous.

UConn should be begging the C7 to take us, and making the football program independent. The A12 strategy is going to be disastrous.

Reaction Score
No it isn't. We will be averaging 20k a game at the Rent in 3 years if we keep going down the path we are going, and the athletic department will either a) suck or b) be bleeding money at an unsustainable rate. You get mad at me for my posts, when I am simply pointing out that the Administrations plan is disastrous.

UConn should be begging the C7 to take us, and making the football program independent. The A12 strategy is going to be disastrous.

You're really bored eh... Revisiting treads from 3 weeks ago to respond to???

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You're really bored eh... Revisiting treads from 3 weeks ago to respond to???

I keep thinking that the reality of what the Administration has done has set in, and then it sets in some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom