The mojo is already leaving the program | The Boneyard

The mojo is already leaving the program

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
People have stopped giving a crap. A ton of empty seats at the HCC in a great game between two teams that will both win 20 games. There is essentially no press for the football team anymore. The women still have a pulse, for now.

I know quite a few fans who have given up their season tickets for football. They have no interest in giving up their Saturdays for ECU and Tulane at the Rent. Call them bad fans or whatever. I will take any fans we can get, good or bad, when they are closing off the upper level in 3 years.

UConn is not even mentioned on ESPN anymore. Napier is having a monster season, and nary a peep among the national press. We are irrelevant. Already dead, we just don't know it.

Reaction Score
Umm... I beg to differ. We just sold out the XL center for a women's game. How many fan bases can say that. The NCAA banned men's team is beating top 10 teams with, if not sold out, over 15k in attendence. Plus the football team has Maryland and Michigan coming to town soon. I guarantee you we will sell more season tickets this year then anytime in UConn history.

But yeah... No one gives a crap

Reaction Score
People have stopped giving a crap. A ton of empty seats at the HCC in a great game between two teams that will both win 20 games. There is essentially no press for the football team anymore. The women still have a pulse, for now.

I know quite a few fans who have given up their season tickets for football. They have no interest in giving up their Saturdays for ECU and Tulane at the Rent. Call them bad fans or whatever. I will take any fans we can get, good or bad, when they are closing off the upper level in 3 years.

UConn is not even mentioned on ESPN anymore. Napier is having a monster season, and nary a peep among the national press. We are irrelevant. Already dead, we just don't know it.
k12444006.jpg
k12488956.jpg

Reaction Score
Then please leave. Go find a team with Mojo. Your posts used to be somewhat interesting but this is pathetic. Even if you truly believe what you are writing, only a loser would get their kicks from posting such negativity.

Don't be a loser .

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Can we have the mods delete these threads? They make this fanbase look like a bunch of idiots who don't believe in this progran. Do we all think things are rosey right now? No. But when threads are started with titles like "Shut the football program down" and "The mojo is alrwady leaving" it makes us all look bad. I believe Upstater said in another loser thread from Nelson that threads like these are being talked about on boards of other schools. I know that I don't want to be associated with that.

Finally, the mods have blocked our Twitter friends names but allow such negative threads to be started? Nekson is approaching "Observer" status.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score

Good Lord, do you ever shut the duck up?

Reaction Score
Can we have the mods delete these threads? They make this fanbase look like a bunch of idiots who don't believe in this progran. Do we all think things are rosey right now? No. But when threads are started with titles like "Shut the football program down" and "The mojo is alrwady leaving" it makes us all look bad. I believe Upstater said in another loser thread from Nelson that threads like these are being talked about on boards of other schools. I know that I don't want to be associated with that.

Finally, the mods have blocked our Twitter friends names but allow such negative threads to be started? Nekson is approaching "Observer" status.

So the objective of this board is to mute someone's opinion? A thread develops a life by people responding. I, for one, say let Nelson speak. If it merits a response, give it one. If its as absurd as this one, simply ignore it. What good is a message board if everyone agrees? As long-winded as Nelson's negativity can be at times the majority of this board's complacent attitude on how we should be content is the same approach by our administration that got us in this mess in the first place. Case 1: Realignment Case 2: this years post season ban. Watch how Miami will attack the NCAA and probably win. Many of us on this board felt that the UConn administration should have had a similar response. Instead, I believe Herbst said something to the affect that we will accept our fate and do better going forward. Point is, some people fight for what they believe in and some just accept what is thrown at them. For what its worth, right or wrong, smart or absurdly dumb, let Nelson speak!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So the objective of this board is to mute someone's opinion? A thread develops a life by people responding. I, for one, say let Nelson speak. If it merits a response, give it one. If its as absurd as this one, simply ignore it. What good is a message board if everyone agrees? As long-winded as Nelson's negativity can be at times the majority of this board's complacent attitude on how we should be content is the same approach by our administration that got us in this mess in the first place. Case 1: Realignment Case 2: this years post season ban. Watch how Miami will attack the NCAA and probably win. Many of us on this board felt that the UConn administration should have had a similar response. Instead, I believe Herbst said something to the affect that we will accept our fate and do better going forward. Point is, some people fight for what they believe in and some just accept what is thrown at them. For what its worth, right or wrong, smart or absurdly dumb, let Nelson speak!
I knew someone would say this. :) If he wants to say negative crap he's welcome to do that. My problem is when when multiple threads have titles that sound like people on this board all think stupid things and they're all from the same poster. If he wants to add his dissenting view throughout a thread, fine. Just stop starting threads with horrible sounding titles.

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
Nelson's thread titles are cancerous and shut be cut out and put in a jar. He thinks he's a fan but no real fan of the university would ever post some of the crap he does. We all may be concerned and think some of the same nelsonesq thoughts but 99.9% of posters express it in less toxic way. I purposely did not respond to the shut down the football program thread because I wanted it to die as quickly as possible. Now this thred. I agree ....change your tune Nelson......

Reaction Score
I knew someone would say this. :) If he wants to say negative crap he's welcome to do that. My problem is when when multiple threads have titles that sound like people on this board all think stupid things and they're all from the same poster. If he wants to add his dissenting view throughout a thread, fine. Just stop starting threads with horrible sounding titles.

I agree, these threads should be deleted.

Reaction Score

Of please! Everyone knows our conference situation is awful. Constant screaming that the "world is ending" addresses nothing. There is nothing courageous in what he does. It's small man stuff. I'm frustrated, so let me post every dire scenariou I can think of on this site.

Suck it up. Go to the games and have a good time. Life is too short for the mindset that Nelson and a few others have on this board.

F

fortebleedsblue

I bet the Georgetown game is gong to be so empty too
.. No one cares about us woah is Us ....NOT

Reaction Score
Of please! Everyone knows our conference situation is awful. Constant screaming that the "world is ending" addresses nothing. There is nothing courageous in what he does. It's small man stuff. I'm frustrated, so let me post every dire scenariou I can think of on this site.

Suck it up. Go to the games and have a good time. Life is too short for the mindset that Nelson and a few others have on this board.

Agree with this post. There's lots in life to moan about. Lot's of negative news, lot's of bad, but it's a form of cowardice - weakness - to constantly bemoan one's misfortunes. I understand that an anonymous website is akin to the psychiatric couch, and people are free to express their inner demons, and no one has to come here and listen to anyone they don't want to, so you have to let Nelson go on and on and on. But it is a weakness. Things will improve. We will be in our old league - which some view as the lesser of two evils - soon enough, by the 2015 season at the latest. Till then, let's cowboy up and don't show panic in front of the women and children.

Reaction Score

Yes!!!! and after Uconn beats Tulane, we can meet in the parking lot, form a big circle, hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The ban is hurting us. Clearly some students and fair weather fans have been affected. And he is right that the media treats us like we don't exist. While this is definitely not the end, the fact that our league totally disintegrated, we were banned, football underperformed and JC retired...all in the same year, is a serious body blow. Next year we are a mid major in hoops, like Gonzaga. How will the fans respond?

We can recover. Football recruiting looked good. New OC looks good. Ollie looks good. Geno is Geno. Hockey is getting better and is making a huge upgrade soon. Honestly, if an ACC invite came our way we would be in fantastic shape, and the fanbase would be energized. But this is a tipping point.

Reaction Score
I bet the Georgetown game is gong to be so empty too
.. No one cares about us woah is Us ....NOT
Yes, Providence game will be empty at Gampel too. (Last I saw there were 500 tickets left)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom