The Misery Index, Week 5: Warde Manuel, this is your life edition! | The Boneyard

The Misery Index, Week 5: Warde Manuel, this is your life edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nothing like a little national press mocking you...

DanWolken 1:33pm via Twitter for iPhone
The Misery Index, Week 5: Warde Manuel, this is your life edition usat.ly/19MYows

>>Let's take the fan experience and miniaturize it to UConn athletics director Warde Manuel. A former player and administrator at Michigan, he watched his current school nearly pull off the upset of the year last weekend, only to see his alma mater come back and snatch a victory at the end. Then on Saturday, Manuel, who came to UConn from Buffalo, had to watch the program he helped build embarrass the one he inherited in February 2012.

Never mind the whole thing about the Big East falling apart last year, making the job at UConn a much different animal than the one he thought he was getting.

Much like UConn fans, Manuel is having to deal with a new reality in the landscape of college athletics, and there's urgency to maintain the school's brand if the dominoes start falling again. That's a big part of why UConn's downturn in football this season is so devastating, and frankly, unacceptable.<<

1. UConn: The Huskies can stew over their 0-4 start during the bye next week, then get ready for a massive game against South Florida on Oct. 12. Why massive? This season is already depressing, but a loss to the hapless Bulls and it becomes downright humiliating. After that, UConn will face the American Athletic Conference's three best teams in succession: At Cincinnati, at UCF and Louisville at home. Best-case scenario right now is that UConn starts the season 1-7. How is that possible for a program that actually beat Louisville last season?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
'and it becomes downright humiliating'?

I'm guessing that the author has far too high of a humiliation threshold.

Reaction Score
How on earth do we take this for 8 more games? We are the laughing stock of college football. I think I need to take the USF game off and see what it feels like to miss a home game. Not sure I want to listen to the boo birds all game. If we win it will be ugly and if we lose.......:(

The next home game is UL on Nov 8th. That should give me enough time to figure out how I feel. Yesterday I was numb and felt nothing. Today all I feel is anger and disbelief PP is still the coach.

Before anyone chimes in about quitting.......I've earned the right to take a game off...so save it.

There were tough times during RE's time here but there was, at least with me, always hope. Today I feel less than no hope.

Once Tuesday comes and PP is still coach I will know Warde and Susan don't care about UConn football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom