The Mick | The Boneyard

The Mick

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm loving this new show. Caitlin Olsen (Always Sunny ...) is the producer and stars in the show. It's stupid funny, much like Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Disappointed there's only six episodes.

Edit: I just noticed Fox picked it up for 17 episodes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm loving this new show. Caitlin Olsen (Always Sunny ...) is the producer and stars in the show. It's stupid funny, much like Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Disappointed there only six episodes.

We stumbled upon it in the second episode and have been dvring it ever since. Good snarky writing.

Reaction Score

Disappointed there only six episodes.

I love this show. It even made me reconsider watch It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A little hit and miss but I've been enjoying it. All of the kids are funny, but the youngest has stolen quite a few scenes during the course of the season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
little Benny went full on pyromaniac in the finale

"It's so beautiful."

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Saw this thread and my wife and I decided to give the first 2 episodes a shot. Thigs were quiet until the older son goes, "HE WAS ENORMOUS!!! I"M LUCKY HE DIDN'T BEAT ME WITH IT!!!" Then it was LOL all the way. Episode 2 when the evil gramma slipped in the youngest's drool puddle and broke her hips...wow!

Its another over-the-top comedy and so far works.

15 more to go.

Reaction Score
Saw this thread and my wife and I decided to give the first 2 episodes a shot. Thigs were quiet until the older son goes, "HE WAS ENORMOUS!!! I"M LUCKY HE DIDN'T BEAT ME WITH IT!!!" Then it was LOL all the way. Episode 2 when the evil gramma slipped in the youngest's drool puddle and broke her hips...wow!

Its another over-the-top comedy and so far works.

15 more to go.

The first 2-3 episodes were unfortuately the high point for me. The schtick wore thin and I cut the line shortly thereafter.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The first 2-3 episodes were unfortuately the high point for me. The schtick wore thin and I cut the line shortly thereafter.
I totally see this as possible for us, too. This show isn't unique and the characters ain't ecactly likeable.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It's Uncle Buck meets Shameless. Only, worse than Buck but not as bad as Shameless.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Season debut tonight. Decent. Benny stole the show again. After watching a televangelist, he tried to do an exorcism on Alba. She was detoxing from an alcohol binge so pretty much was acting like she was possessed.

Reaction Score
Season debut tonight. Decent. Benny stole the show again. After watching a televangelist, he tried to do an exorcism on Alba. She was detoxing from an alcohol binge so pretty much was acting like she was possessed.
Frickin love Alba. She and Ben are a great pair; they could have their own spin-off

Reaction Score
Lol...saw the title and thought the thread was about ESPN's film about the Yankee great.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Season 2 has gone downhill, but Benny is still killing it. Tonight his screwed up family taught him that having a black eye is cool, so he went around his school yard punching all the unpopular kids to help them out. Funniest montage I've seen on tv for a while.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I’m still watching The Mick, but agree it’s gone downhill. Bennie is still my favorite character, but he’s already no longer “little Bennie.”

Season 2 has gone downhill, but Benny is still killing it. Tonight his screwed up family taught him that having a black eye is cool, so he went around his school yard punching all the unpopular kids to help them out. Funniest montage I've seen on tv for a while.

Reaction Score
And yet that entire thing surrounding Chip was a set-up for the poem about “Black Eyes” sounding like “Black Guys” at the end. Kinda lost its punch when I think about Olsen coming from Sunny where one of their all-time episodes (Nightman Cometh) with one of the defining moments (“Boy’s soul” sounding like “boy’s hole”), makes this seem kinda like a rip-off of that

Overall I think the show is still pretty good

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I never got into Sunny, so any homages or ripping off they do of that series I won't get.

I know this show is meant to be a bunch of unlikable characters, but they have to be careful they don't go too far. The previous episode, when we found out Mickie ruined Jimmie's promising baseball career, was pushing the limit. She lied about it for 25 years or whatever and when he found out the truth she couldn't bring herself to give him a sincere apology. She keeps seeming to get more despicable, no character growth in the slightest. And Alba has been pretty much in a drug and alcohol induced haze the entire season. Sabrina has all but disappeared from the plot lines until this week. Jimmie and Chip are losers but there's something at least a little bit endearing about them. And of course there's Bennie. I was getting close to writing this show off but this week bought it a little bit of time at least.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Latest episode was decent. Benny kept overhearing adults talking using words he didn't understand and Sabrina kept getting stuck explaining it to him. Divorce, incest, where babies come from, good stuff like that. Chip briefly made out w/ his half sister he just found out he had, but then she kicked him in the groin. Jimmie and Mickie went on the date from hell.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone else is still watching but on the most recent episode centered around church and a young priest who was good at everything. At one point the middle kid asked him if he hooped and he mentions that he does and he played at UConn, but rode the bench.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone else is still watching but on the most recent episode centered around church and a young priest who was good at everything. At one point the middle kid asked him if he hooped and he mentions that he does and he played at UConn, but rode the bench.

Bet SDOrange wishes he could reply to this.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
@uconnphil2016 finally has a fictional character based on him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom