The mesmerizing Osahor 3 | The Boneyard

The mesmerizing Osahor 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
That shot of hers is uncanny for sure. Barely flicks her wrist from 3pt line and she's accurate. We can't give her open looks.

Reaction Score
That shot of hers is uncanny for sure. Barely flicks her wrist from 3pt line and she's accurate. We can't give her open looks.
Have to take your word for it....link doesn't work for me.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
She's probably the unlikeliest shooter in WCBB but can't ignore the results. Imho I don't think she'll be able to get that shot off against us unless she's wide open as she has no elevation and whoever guards her will be able to jump/block. Geno won't underestimate her and leave her wide open.

Reaction Score
What she's going to do is watch fast breaks going the other way. She creates an automatic 5 on 4 or better on every possession. A couple of teams didn't do their homework, but the conference rivals did, or her stats would be better.

Reaction Score
What she's going to do is watch fast breaks going the other way. She creates an automatic 5 on 4 or better on every possession. A couple of teams didn't do their homework, but the conference rivals did, or her stats would be better.

Reaction Score
She's probably the unlikeliest shooter in WCBB but can't ignore the results. Imho I don't think she'll be able to get that shot off against us unless she's wide open as she has no elevation and whoever guards her will be able to jump/block. Geno won't underestimate her and leave her wide open.

Before she even gets to UConn, I don't think she gets many of those shots off clean against Syracuse with the way their defenders buzz around..........

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What she does is provide a very good outlet for pressured any trapping, and she is surprisingly nimble when she wants to be and really quick and strong when she posts up - she conserves energy most of the time and barely moves, but creates a huge screen for anyone to get around. And if you watch, that shot is very quick. There are a number of clips where the defender is three feet away and assumes they are ready, and the shot is gone before they can react. She is certainly not going to go around her defender, but defenders tend to sag off a little to provide help and can't get back in time.
Really is a unique and smart and skilled player, just not what people normally think of skills.

Reaction Score
She is the female incarnation of Charles Barkley. UW, my least favorite university (sports), but I love this kid. She is for real. Great rebounder, who eats up space. Also, a terrific passer from the high post.

Reaction Score
She and plum are really fun to watch. I do hope we get a husky on husky final!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Watch the film clip again. EVERY shot she took was a W-I-D-E open "set" shot with no one in her face. Some how, I don't think Geno will allow this if Washington gets by Syracuse.
Whoever is assigned to guard her will probably not allow her to touch the ball, let alone shoot it. She's NOT going to put the ball on the ground and drive around any of our girls. If she gets a pass, the only thing she should be able to do is pass it, which will not hurt UConn.

Two things to keep in mind
:
1. Osahor is a large part of their offense. Neutralize her, and they'll be forced to look to someone else to make up her per game scoring average.
2. UConn does not foul. Washington will not get a lot of points (if any) from the free throw line.
These two factors could amount to as much as a 30 point deficit from their usual per game scoring average. These are 2 dynamics that UConn can definitely make happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak