The Media's Entitlement | The Boneyard

The Media's Entitlement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...uconn-football-0910-20140909,0,1985216.column

Between Jacobs and Ken Davis complaining that he couldn't talk to Cochran the day after is career ended, its sad how these guys think they are entitled to the story. The AP got his dad in a nice interview. These guys just want to be spoon fed everything. Happy to say that all the comments on the article are just bashing jacobs.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why Jacobs and Co. get in such a snit about things like this. It's not like they said Cochran will never, ever speak on this subject. And wasn't it this sort of thing that led to a contentious relationship between the media and Edsall? Edsall wouldn't reveal who his starting QB would be leading up to a game?

From the comments:
"Hey Jacobs when are you walking from the State Capitol to UCONN to back up the promise you made if the UCONN men won a national championship?" I take it he never did this?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
While he shouldn't have bothered to write it - his point is legitimate about making a request and having Diaco say he wasn't requested.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
While he shouldn't have bothered to write it - his point is legitimate about making a request and having Diaco say he wasn't requested.

He made a request too late in the process for it to be presented to Diaco. It is most likely that Diaco/UConn did that by design so he should just let it go. At this point, it is all splitting hairs and annoying. I get that Jacob's job is hard sometimes but I am not sure why it is worth the space in the paper.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Jeff can write a decent article now and again, but too often he gets in his own way airing his seemingly endless personal grievances. I'd like to say that this article surprises me, but ...

Reaction Score
Maybe just maybe, Casey has no desire to address the media yet and Diaco was protecting him. Diaco is going to do what Diaco does, and so will Jacobs. That's all that needs to be said.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The article was an embarrassment to his profession.

If the kid doesn't want to talk whether it's now or ever the media just has to deal with it. Complaining about how he asked and was told no is just juvenile.

Maybe he should hang outside his window, that would have been equally classy.

There is zero news to be gained from his statement. How does it feel? Sad, but I'm ready to move on. Sorry, I can't help the team as a player, but I'm not going anywhere. I'll do whatever I can to help the guys.

There, interview over.

Reaction Score
Maybe just maybe, Casey has no desire to address the media yet and Diaco was protecting him. Diaco is going to do what Diaco does, and so will Jacobs. That's all that needs to be said.

On point! One thing that occurred to me is that many in the State media were less than kind in their coverage of Casey's dad. Jack was, to say the least, a controversial character and much of what was said and written about him might have had merit. Still, kids don't like seeing their parents criticized (or worse) in front of the whole world. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Casey has developed a distrust for the State's media. Casey owes the media nothing. If he wants to say something to his fans, technology provides the perfect bypass.

Example in point? Bobby Bonds Jr. was surly towards the media from day-one in Pittsburgh. In an article I read (maybe SI?) years ago, "Jr" mentioned that he remembered every word written or said about his dad by the NY media and confirmed that he hated the sports' media.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Yeah did you read it? Casey said no which is fine. Much different that saying no one requested him and all requests go through Diaco. I imagine you'd agree he has more important things to do than manage media requests.

Reaction Score
Yeah did you read it? Casey said no which is fine. Much different that saying no one requested him and all requests go through Diaco. I imagine you'd agree he has more important things to do than manage media requests.

I wish Diaco was game planning as proficiently as he has been controlling his messaging campaign.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wish Diaco was game planning as proficiently as he has been controlling his messaging campaign.

Great now tomorrow there will be two more long winded posts lecturing us for noticing because of this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom