The Meda is killing Cuse and Pitt | The Boneyard

The Meda is killing Cuse and Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
blaming them for the demise of the big east and rightfully so. The Big East had a great thing going for it, so what that the BE football wasnt that good, the basketball side more than made up for it. This article shows that Syrcause was muling over the decision for a while. Unbelievable that a founding member of the BE would bolt

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...528/syracuse-mulled-realignment-for-long-time

Reaction Score
They panicked. The BE was sitting on a much bigger TV contract than the ACC has. Water over the damn.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I think someone mentioned this before, but the BEast could have been in a nice position to add some nice teams to the conference and split it up into divisions. It's all moot now, but they could have poached a few teams, like Houston for TCU, UCF for USF, possibly adding in ND for football and really rounded out into a nice football/basketball league.

Unfortunately that's not the case and now it's time for a fire sale.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm sure ESPN will really rip into Pitt and Cuse. In another few months all this will be history.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'm sure ESPN will really rip into Pitt and Cuse. In another few months all this will be history.
+1

Once all the dust settles, the only people who care about who started all of this will be the ones who are left out. I just hope it's not us.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
+1

Once all the dust settles, the only people who care about who started all of this will be the ones who are left out. I just hope it's not us.

TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW!

Reaction Score
ESPN is partially to blame for the conference reshuffling, their decision to show football 95% of the year and 23.5 hours out of the day shows how much money is involved in football in this country

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
+1

couldn't be more right. did any of us really care that we got ripped for Andre Drummond and Bradley's subsequent giving up his scholly this year? hell no. IMHO the big east on the football side was completely stupid and reactive instead of proactive. i'm not sure there is a scenario out there but once the Big 12 started going bye bye, the football schools, with TCU should have sat down and decided what schools from the Big 12 to poach.

i'm not saying it would have worked, but the BE has sat on it's collective hands for years now as they allowed themselves to let the hoops only schools have ANY say in how the conference grew. that was the big mistake.

Reaction Score
ESPN is partially to blame for the conference reshuffling, their decision to show football 95% of the year and 23.5 hours out of the day shows how much money is involved in football in this country
But ESPN's a symptom, the cause or "problem" is that all of these schools act in their own best financial interest. Which isn't necessarily a good or bad thing, it's just how it is.

Reaction Score
This was a classic "prisoner's dilemma" scenario of game theory. We would have all been better off if no one had blinked, IMO. But it's always to one's advantage to screw the others over first. Unfortunately, we were not the screwers.

Reaction Score
They panicked. The BE was sitting on a much bigger TV contract than the ACC has. Water over the damn.

The same person who killed the Big East hired Greg Robinson to coach a BCS football program. The fact that he may have made a stupid decision is dog bites man news.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
But ESPN's a symptom, the cause or "problem" is that all of these schools act in their own best financial interest. Which isn't necessarily a good or bad thing, it's just how it is.
It would be hard to believe ESPN stayed completely out of the process. So like politicians that were deeply involved in todays economic problems posturing all sorts of incredulity, ESPN will do the same. They are serving us BS with the BS.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This was a classic "prisoner's dilemma" scenario of game theory. We would have all been better off if no one had blinked, IMO. But it's always to one's advantage to screw the others over first. Unfortunately, we were not the screwers.
Well stated.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Perfect comparison. Being loyal is fine and all that, but if it is eventually going to end with someone screwing the rest, you always want to be the one to do the screwing. That is why the prisoner's dilemma ends the same way in its simplest form.

Reaction Score
it's a sad situation no matter how you look at it. the beginning of the end was 5 years ago when Miami, VA Tech and BCU were poached. too bad for the big east. and when they added Cinci and L'ville, they should have been more proactive going after others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom