The Means to the End | The Boneyard

The Means to the End

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
A couple of things with the signings and commitments coming to UConn. Azzi Fudd is the means to the end. Side by Side with Paige UConn should not loose a game barring injuries and sicknesses for those 3 years. If UConn can go undefeated this season they may not loose a game for 4 more years thats 160-0 for the season plus NCAA tourneys another 6-0 per season thats 24 more wins and were up to 184-0.

Amari is a back to the basket player. She is alot like Kiah Stokes. She can rebound shoot the 15 footer and play the post. Saylor youve seen on videos. Shes a complete player with finesse at at 6'2 can shoot and rebound. Carolyn is special from deep. She has amazing ability to score from anywhere. She can shoot from Hartford to Gampel.

Geno isnt retiring for 4 more years and Azzi will start from day one JMO.

The talent on this team and the talent of our incoming commitments and verbals is a Dream Team.....again. The comparisons will start Paige and Azzi vs Diana and Sue. When you look at the roster you cant make this stuff up. Loaded completely loaded. The only thing lacking will be the fans who cant be in the bleachers which imo will mean more televised games because they will be worth so much more in TV revenue. With all that said we have to still grow up into college ball. We are going to beat alot of teams with our talent and depth. In big games we have to shine and that comes with experience and that cant be taught. Geno has worked his magic again. What else is there to say. We're going to the TOP...the Very Top

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
A couple of things with the signings and commitments coming to UConn. Azzi Fudd is the means to the end. Side by Side with Paige UConn should not loose a game barring injuries and sicknesses for those 3 years. If UConn can go undefeated this season they may not loose a game for 4 more years thats 160-0 for the season plus NCAA tourneys another 6-0 per season thats 24 more wins and were up to 184-0.

Amari is a back to the basket player. She is alot like Kiah Stokes. She can rebound shoot the 15 footer and play the post. Saylor youve seen on videos. Shes a complete player with finesse at at 6'2 can shoot and rebound. Carolyn is special from deep. She has amazing ability to score from anywhere. She can shoot from Hartford to Gampel.

The talent on this team and the talent of our incoming commitments and verbals is a Dream Team.....again. The comparisons will start Paige and Azzi vs Diana and Sue. When you look at the roster you cant make this stuff up. Loaded completely loaded. The only thing lacking will be the fans who cant be in the bleachers which imo will mean more televised games because they will be worth so much more in TV revenue. With all that said we have to still grow up into college ball. We are going to beat alot of teams with our talent and depth. In big games we have to shine and that comes with experience and that cant be taught. Geno has worked his magic again. What else is there to say. We're going to the TOP...the Very Top
I predict that fans will be in the stands for Azzi's Freshman year.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm not thinking undefeated this year, but the subsequent 3-4, definite possibility.

Reaction Score

Also does anyone have any good video of Saylor other than videos of her launching deep threes. I feel like there's very little to go off of in terms of getting an idea for her current level and future upside?

Reaction Score
Paige plans to win 4, Azzi expects to win 4. Together that is 5 in a row!

Reaction Score
Paige plans to win 4, Azzi expects to win 4. Together that is 5 in a row!

I understand that college roster construction is not the same as professional basketball roster construction (challenges of recruitment can limit options), but the roster that Geno has put together is in keeping with trends we are seeing at the professional level. Specifically, lineups characterized by quick, athletic players who can shoot well front distance, smaller, quick lineups that can defend interchangeably on the perimeter, and athletic, mobile bigs.

Take a look at UConn's roster (including next year's class). Athletic players who can shoot from distance (Anna, Saylor, Paige, Caroline, Azzi, CW, Evina). Check. Lineups that can defend the perimeter (Aubrey, Mir, Evina, Saylor, Caroline, Nika), Check. Athletic, mobile bigs (Edwards, Ono, Amiri). Check. Add to this a team full of exceptional passers (Paige, Anna, Nika).

I love the way that this team is coming together. I think they are going to be a matchup nightmare that will effectively neutralize what other teams can do. And they are going to be incredibly fun to watch.

Reaction Score
This is just a wild thought but if Aubrey develops as Gabby developed, I believe/hope that Ms. Boston will not do as well against our Huskies. Just my 2 cents.
We have talent at the C position, and next year depth as well, but style could be an issue against the team most likely to be serious competition, namely South Carolina. Both Liv and Amari are talented but more on the finesse side, and Boston is a banger type.

Of our other options, however, we are forgetting about Aaliyah. She and Aubrey can both be fine 4's, but of the two, Aaliyah appears to be far better equipped to play backup C, being a little taller and much heavier and stronger. It is even conceivable that she might be a better match-up against Boston than Liv if she can hold her ground better..

Reaction Score
This is just a wild thought but if Aubrey develops as Gabby developed, I believe/hope that Ms. Boston will not do as well against our Huskies. Just my 2 cents.
I agree. Remember how dominant A’ja Wilson was against every team except UConn? She had a few good games, but Gabby did an excellent job making her life difficult. If Aubrey can do the same (likely with help from Nelson-Ododa and co.) then that takes care of Boston.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This arm's war with SC is translating to a reincarnation of the UConn / TN matchups. Whatever defense, athleticism and brute force SC has, our distinctive style of play will win out as long as we execute.

Reaction Score
We have talent at the C position, and next year depth as well, but style could be an issue against the team most likely to be serious competition, namely South Carolina. Both Liv and Amari are talented but more on the finesse side, and Boston is a banger type.

Of our other options, however, we are forgetting about Aaliyah. She and Aubrey can both be fine 4's, but of the two, Aaliyah appears to be far better equipped to play backup C, being a little taller and much heavier and stronger. It is even conceivable that she might be a better match-up against Boston than Liv if she can hold her ground better..

Matchups work both ways. Recall the NBA playoffs where many centers were relegated to the bench as they were ineffective against teams that played small ball and spread the floor. With UConn able to put shooters at all five positions, they will present a matchup problem for teams.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Matchups work both ways. Recall the NBA playoffs where many centers were relegated to the bench as they were ineffective against teams that played small ball and spread the floor. With UConn able to put shooters at all five positions, they will present a matchup problem for teams.

And if we run and press and outlet pass like our talent allows us to do, those lumbering centers will not cross half court most of the time. And pressuring the guards reduces the effectiveness of the post hugging centers.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think expectations are too high for UConn where undefeated seasons are concerned. Not only that, an undefeated season is not necessary to win a NC. Also, in at least one recent season, UConn was undefeated until the semi-finals of the FF. I'll take a two loss NC team.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You cant make this stuff up. UConn now has 3 HS number 1's plus a bunch of top 10's. This is gonna be truly amazin. Without fans TV will make millions because fans cant go to the games. There's alot we can wonder about but reality is about to set in in a couple of weeks. We have a very very tuff schedule coming up.

Reaction Score

UConn is not as small as I keep reading. But you are right about UConn's outside scorers.

And if we run and press and outlet pass like our talent allows us to do, those lumbering centers will not cross half court most of the time. And pressuring the guards reduces the effectiveness of the post hugging centers.

Deny the entry pass to Boston and she can't score. Boston better beat us next season because in 22 there's no way. (Just my biased opinion)

I think expectations are too high for UConn where undefeated seasons are concerned. Not only that, an undefeated season is not necessary to win a NC. Also, in at least one recent season, UConn was undefeated until the semi-finals of the FF. I'll take a two loss NC team.

What I have always loved about UConn was that they almost never mailed a game in or dooged it for a half. They are an entertaining team, whether they are playing in the FF or in a non-conference game in November. Not many other teams are like that. At this point all I want is for them to play well every game.

You cant make this stuff up. UConn now has 3 HS number 1's plus a bunch of top 10's. This is gonna be truly amazin. Without fans TV will make millions because fans cant go to the games. There's alot we can wonder about but reality is about to set in in a couple of weeks. We have a very very tuff schedule coming up.

The 10K at UConn games won't dent the TV Nos. A half million viewers is usually only in NCAA games but I'll bet they hit that in either the Miss St game or the Louisville game. Geno needs to get used to his team being social media rock stars. It's "The Kardashions go to Mansfield" Males who ignore wcbb are going to watch UConn to see Bueckers.

Reaction Score

I love your enthusiasm but you need to check your math relative to how many games the teams play.
1. The regular season does not have 40 games.
2. The way UConn typically has won 40 games is 30 or 31 in the regular season (which sometimes includes a multi-team event and a special game like the V Classic), 3 in the league tournament and 6 in the NCAA.
Winning 46 per year would get Geno past Pat sooner though............ :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom