The Marquette win reminded me of... | The Boneyard

The Marquette win reminded me of...

Reaction Score
This win is pretty unique for me. I mean, it has some similarities to any big comeback game, but still very unique.

I'm hoping the comparisons change in the next few weeks. I'm hoping the comparisons change from "big comeback" comparisons to a "season defining game" comparison. Games we can point to as the moment things start to click, turn-around, etc...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We weren't nearly that bad.
Sure, UMass was up by 25, 34-9 vice last night only being 18 points at 43-25. Similarity was huge deficit in second half and a bench player coming in and lighting it up to spark the come back.
If you want to nitpick UMass being at XL and last night on the road, or Rashad being a frosh and Polley being a senior, go ahead.

Reaction Score
...this one.

Now, mind you, the circumstances were a little different, but the gut-it-out mentality was spot on same.
Oh man....I remember this one. We had planned a UConn game viewing party for this Saturday game way in advance. Then Friday evening, I see on the Yard that Wiggins and Dyson won't travel with the team. I figured I picked the wrong game to have friends over and the day was going to be a big let down. Turned out to be exactly the opposite. Good times.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Sure, UMass was up by 25, 34-9 vice last night only being 18 points at 43-25. Similarity was huge deficit in second half and a bench player coming in and lighting it up to spark the come back.
If you want to nitpick UMass being at XL and last night on the road, or Rashad being a frosh and Polley being a senior, go ahead.
I'll take last night over the UMass win. On the road. Against a Big East team. Umass was more of a JV team, and we were home.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was at that UMass game and the 1st half was so bad it dulled a lot of the subsequent fun. Yesterday was a good team that didn't panic when things didn't go their way.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
When we make these comparisons we must take scale into account. Indiana was one of the best teams in the country at the time. We’ll be lucky if this Marquette team is top 75. Although I do think this team is at a similar juncture right now as that 2008 team was at the time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When we make these comparisons we must take scale into account. Indiana was one of the best teams in the country at the time. We’ll be lucky if this Marquette team is top 75. Although I do think this team is at a similar juncture right now as that 2008 team was at the time.

UConn also led that game against Indiana for most of the game and was ahead the entire second half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom