The Man Knows the Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Man Knows the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd bet an absurd amount of money that Jim Calhoun would out-coach and beat Roy Williams' team, especially at the Final Four. 04/05 were flukes.

But Calhoun always struggled against Roy-Roy teams, didn't he?

Reaction Score
But Calhoun always struggled against Roy-Roy teams, didn't he?
I think we played Roy teams 5 times, and Roy went 5-0.

One time in Lawrence they blew our doors in.

One time in CT our vastly under-manned team played a great Kansas team (Pierce and La Frenz) very well.

Roy's first year at UNC they picked off our up-and-down 2003 team (which sort of reminds me of this team, now that I think of it).

The 2004 team somehow lost at UNC.

Our 2005 team gave his UNC team a really tough matchup in 2005.

But, the long and short of it is that Roy went 5-0 against JC. That being said, JC went 3-0 in title games and 6-1 in Final Four games. So I like my chances against Roy, who went 7-5...and choked a number of other 1-seeds away.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Roy's first year at UNC they picked off our up-and-down 2003 team (which sort of reminds me of this team, now that I think of it)..
We're getting a 5 seed? Sweet!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I have to think that 2011 would have come out on top in a tournament game against 2009, as if that was possible.

Think how many points Kemba would have scored!

Reaction Score
We're getting a 5 seed? Sweet!
If only. This team lost too many games. But much like this team that team lost its fair share of games it had no right doing. We also lucked out to have Rashad Anderson to save us from a particularly embarrassing UMass loss.

The arc of the season, I hope, bends in the same direction, though.

Reaction Score
I was at the 2009 FF, my point about that team still stands: if you think UConn had a better than 1 in 7 chance of beating that UNC team, you are out of your mind. I think with Dyson we'd hang around for a while, but they probably lose by 8-10.

That UNC team was a hurricane...and in a few months, it'll be erased from the books.
I wouldn't consider myself one of the bigger homers on here, but that's just absurd.

UNC would've been the favorite, but that UConn team with Dyson woulda had a chance. They absolutely obliterated Louisville on the road by 18 ... and the game wasn't even as close as the final score indicated (I think Earl Clark went something like 1-13, and peed his pants more times than he made a jumper that night). Oh, and that Louisville team earned the #1 seed and went to the Elite Eight.

Just look at the matchups:
Price-Lawson
Dyson-Ellington
Green-Robinson
Adrien-Hansbrough
Thabeet-Thompson

With guys like Kemba and Ed Davis coming off the bench.

Dyson's injury robbed us of a potentially classic NC game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
With a healthy Dyson it would have been a hell of a matchup. One forgotten thing about Dyson was that he was an very good on-ball defender (something you seldom see in college hoops). Lawson made UNC's offense lethal with his quickness. Dyson may have been able to give him enough trouble where we could hang with them.

Reaction Score
ok now i have to watch some footage from the 09 team - uconnhuskies.com - THANK YOU.

What games the homers recommend for the 2009 team? UL, UM, first SU game, 2nd SU game, A&M, Purdue, Mizzu ( I can't watch the MSU game). Please dont say all of them.

By the way I hope tonight is a 12 point classic UConn memory!!

Yes I was a dyson fan, but when his shot was off it was ugly UConn bb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC