The Magicians | The Boneyard

The Magicians

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I kept seeing ads for this while watching The Expanse. Has anyone seen it? Is it any good?

Reaction Score
I kept seeing ads for this while watching The Expanse. Has anyone seen it? Is it any good?
Watched the first four episodes of the first season. It was horrible, in our opinion. For reference, we're not afraid to watch bad or teen scifi (the Flash, addicted to the Harry Potter franchise, Fringe, Wharehouse 13), but my wife and I were really disappointed with the Magicians. We had heard it was a more grown up Harry Potter, but we found it very forced and poorly written.

Reaction Score
After watching the so-so first season, I borrowed the books by Lev Grossman from the library. While the tv show diverges tremendously from the books, the one constant is that the characters are not particularly likeable. I finished the first book and gave up around 30 pages into the second book as I found that I just didn't care what happened to any of them. For the same reason, I don't think I'll watch Season 2 of the tv show.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
After watching the so-so first season, I borrowed the books by Lev Grossman from the library. While the tv show diverges tremendously from the books, the one constant is that the characters are not particularly likeable. I finished the first book and gave up around 30 pages into the second book as I found that I just didn't care what happened to any of them. For the same reason, I don't think I'll watch Season 2 of the tv show.

I read both the books; they were OK.

The kid who plays Kenton in the show is such a p_ssy. What an annoying character. I like the gay kid though; he's funny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom