The Magic Play | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Magic Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Not at all. It's just using my eyes to evaluate our talent vs Temple. You can disagree but I wouldn't trade our talent right now for Temple's roster (except #8). And next year they couldn't pay me big money for the switch. Now go grab a cold one and contemplate that.

How does this make any sense? We just got our d**** kicked in by Temple and you wouldn't trade rosters with them? With a returning QB and RB? Maybe our long term prospects are better than theirs, but their roster this year is certainly better than ours.

Reaction Score
Nostical said:
Not at all. It's just using my eyes to evaluate our talent vs Temple. You can disagree but I wouldn't trade our talent right now for Temple's roster (except #8). And next year they couldn't pay me big money for the switch. Now go grab a cold one and contemplate that.

Ergo you should want Diaco fired immediately. If you don't you are full of sh&t.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
My popcorn is almost done popping, I'm ready to sit back and watch. are you ready to call out the O-Line for that pathetic display or were the coaches responsible for not putting them in a position to block?

Apparently Diaco and Verducci verbally demanded that they not block. Or so he hears.

Reaction Score
Ergo you should want Diaco fired immediately. If you don't you are full of sh&t.
Look, we lost. Verducci's game plan was atrocious, and playing not to lose was a bad mistake. But I still wouldn't trade our (healthy) roster for Temple's. Our potential is greater. This is a long term rebuilding process. If you're happily married you'll understand the analogy. Trading your wife for the lady next door might sound good at the moment, but be careful what you wish for.

My popcorn is almost done popping, I'm ready to sit back and watch. are you ready to call out the O-Line for that pathetic display or were the coaches responsible for not putting them in a position to block?
The problem wasn't their inability to block. It was having a game plan, with recognition of a mismatch, that didn't factor the need to call plays other than runs up the middle and long passing routes. Palatine has already expressed the dearth of quick passes, rollouts, etc. He's right on the money with that analysis.

Reaction Score
Look, we lost. Verducci's game plan was atrocious, and playing not to lose was a bad mistake. But I still wouldn't trade our (healthy) roster for Temple's. Our potential is greater. This is a long term rebuilding process. If you're happily married you'll understand the analogy. Trading your wife for the lady next door might sound good at the moment, but be careful what you wish for.

The problem wasn't their inability to block. It was having a game plan, with recognition of a mismatch, that didn't factor the need to call plays other than runs up the middle and long passing routes. Palatine has already expressed the dearth of quick passes, rollouts, etc. He's right on the money with that analysis.
BS

If you wouldn't trade our roster for theirs, then our players should have been able to block theirs. They couldn't. That has nothing to do with schemes. Stop moving the goalposts. Just because you have a drink with a few parents doesn't mean you have to give away your credibility and refuse to hold them accountable. The o-line has to get better, period.

Palatine, and you, still miss the mark. I watched the game with some family who had never seen Boyle play. Before the game, when they showed his stats 1 TD and 12 picks, one comment was "how is that even possible?"

yiu can believe that a different game plan would have yielded different results. There's no evidence it would have yielded better results.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Also it's worth pointing out the staff did have a game plan to try some different things - Anderson at QB, some wildcat with Thomas and they tried to implement them. The fact that neither of those were particularly successful is indicative of the advantage Temple had on the lines. It seems some refuse to see what's right in front of their eyes. Maybe we should be calling for the OC to install the A-11 offense.

Reaction Score
More to the point, it was Diaco's opinion. I just happen to agree with it. Sorry you weren't entertained but I'll take his judgement over yours.
That's like saying you will get on the Challenger even after you know it's going to blow up.

Obviously what Diaco did didn't work. And I'm not even saying that different game plan would have worked. I just hate the turtle.

Reaction Score
warbler13 said:
Please enlighten me, is Diaco and Verducci the same guy?

Disco isn't responsible?

Reaction Score
Shouldn't you be calling for Diaco's head?

Exactly. If I thought we were more talented except at 1 LB spot, and watched us get destroyed like we did, I'd be pissed if Warde let the head coach address the team in the locker room.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
That's like saying you will get on the Challenger even after you know it's going to blow up.

Obviously what Diaco did didn't work. And I'm not even saying that different game plan would have worked. I just hate the turtle.
Got it. I'd love to see soome exciting offense myself, hopefully it's coming when get a line that can block more than straight ahead and the skill players to execute. Sometimes you take what you believe is your best chance, and the other team still wins. Remarkable since we apparantly took the field with a MUCH better roster, I guess it was just Temple's day.

Reaction Score
Also it's worth pointing out the staff did have a game plan to try some different things - Anderson at QB, some wildcat with Thomas and they tried to implement them. The fact that neither of those were particularly successful is indicative of the advantage Temple had on the lines. It seems some refuse to see what's right in front of their eyes. Maybe we should be calling for the OC to install the A-11 offense.

No, you are missing the point. The critics don't care that we didn't do something new -- they just want the something new to work every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom