The Lynx are retiring Maya’s jersey number | The Boneyard

The Lynx are retiring Maya’s jersey number

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
09200551-49F9-4556-85CC-C38379EC22B4.jpeg

Reaction Score
It's long overdue! She hasn't played since the 2018 season and she officially retired in January 2023. IMO she was the greatest all around PLAYER in UConn history. No other player before or since is in the top 10 in EVERY major statistical category (Pts, assists, rebounds, steals, block shots). Plus, she was 150-4 in her four years. She came into UConn college ready and never had a slump! I just wish she would have gotten that third ring her senior year!

Reaction Score
When is she eligible for the HOF?
Great question. When did she officially retire? I know with the NBA HOF, a player has to be fully retired for 3-4 years and then in that 4-5 year they are eligible for voting. Maya should be a first ballot Hall of Famer. No question. But, congrats to Maya. A well-deserved honor. She was, and still is, a welcome sight in the Twin Cities. Looking forward to going to the Target Center and seeing her jersey up in the rafters.

Reaction Score
We cannot ever forget 'Maya Moore'. She has left a lasting impression with many a UConn fan. She represented everything 'Good' as a person,. As a player, she had it all. She is very humble in attitude & played with 'brotherly love', which she also practiced in life !

Reaction Score
With the season over, I'm spending a lot of time watching old WBB highlights and interviews (and trying to avoid the crazy transfer portal news). Just watched some Maya Moore highlights. I'm more than old enough to be Maya's mother so I've seen a lot of basketball. Saw Lynette Woodard play in person when I was in high school and Cheryl Miller play in person when I was in college, for example. With all this talk from certain fans (particularly the ones who only started watching WBB in the last year or two) who insist that a particular player is the GOAT and have never seen Maya play, not only do I think they're silly but I feel sorry for them that they didn't get to witness Maya play. She was truly special. I think I appreciate her play even more now than I did back when she was at UConn and then with the Lynx. Congrats to Maya on having her Lynx jersey retired coming up in August.

Reaction Score
With the season over, I'm spending a lot of time watching old WBB highlights and interviews (and trying to avoid the crazy transfer portal news). Just watched some Maya Moore highlights. I'm more than old enough to be Maya's mother so I've seen a lot of basketball. Saw Lynette Woodard play in person when I was in high school and Cheryl Miller play in person when I was in college, for example. With all this talk from certain fans (particularly the ones who only started watching WBB in the last year or two) who insist that a particular player is the GOAT and have never seen Maya play, not only do I think they're silly but I feel sorry for them that they didn't get to witness Maya play. She was truly special. I think I appreciate her play even more now than I did back when she was at UConn and then with the Lynx. Congrats to Maya on having her Lynx jersey retired coming up in August.
It's understandable and perfectly apt that Caitlin Clark's favorite player is Maya Moore. Caitlin's got some good sense, don't ya think?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom