The LV over Vandy at the half, 25-17. | The Boneyard

The LV over Vandy at the half, 25-17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
If espn gamecast is to be believed, the LV starters are 9/19, the Vandy starters 1/8!

Reaction Score
I'm watching this game on the SEC Network and its hard to watch these two
teams. Vandy is really having a hard time doing anything, including making
a layup.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
5 minutes to go and Tennessee has scored 44 points... Vandy 34. UConn would be at 60 or so...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Stanford has just a 6-point lead at the half against Utah at home.

Orrange and Thompson are 5-18. Seems like they've shot 30% since UConn left.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The LVs may be playing really good defense. But they have rarely had good offense.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Defense was pretty good. On offense four players in double figures led by Carter.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
It appears that Rutgers and the Lady Vols have swapped personalities. Now, we have the Lady Vols not getting to 60 points and we have the Scarlet Knights playing run and gun basketball and can't score less than 60 and often scoring 80 to 90 points, once even scoring 100 points. What is this??? :confused: Up is down...blue is red???? ;)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Tennessee looks to be a grind it out type of team this year. Be physical, rebound, and play good defense. This could be the best defensive team they've fielded since their 2007-08 title team. Offensively though, this could be their worst squad ever. Excluding their 6 blowout wins against mediocre teams they are averaging just 60.5 points per game. They have had 8 different players lead them in scoring in their 14 games this year, which I think speaks more to their inconsistency rather than balance. With their strong defense and physical play, I can see them knocking off any team outside of UCONN, but I can also see them losing to some pretty awful teams as well.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
This team is getting better on defense. On offense with other teams sagging in the lane too stop Harrison and Graves. The guards won this game tonight. When the guards are scoring like this. It makes this team hard too defend.

Reaction Score
This team is getting better on defense. On offense with other teams sagging in the lane too stop Harrison and Graves. The guards won this game tonight. When the guards are scoring like this. It makes this team hard too defend.
Wow, it sounds as if the offense was totally awful and yet "when the guards are scoring like this, it makes this team hard to defend" comes from you? Are you suggesting that you were happy with this performance? Just curious.

Reaction Score
Right now I think Warlick is very focused on getting the team to rotate the ball and work the shot clock which makes for lower scoring games... especially when our shooting is as cold as it has been. I do see big improvements in the shots we are getting as the season progresses versus previous years.

Our defense will only get better with Jasmine back on the court. She has also been a bright spot on the offensive end at times this season.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Wow, it sounds as if the offense was totally awful and yet "when the guards are scoring like this, it makes this team hard to defend" comes from you? Are you suggesting that you were happy with this performance? Just curious.
Sure I'd like a little better flow on offense. I was just trying too point out about the scoring from outside. Carter at times has passed on some shots. These last couple of games she has been taken. I do think the offense will do better as the season goes on.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It's not like all that ball rotation is setting them up for easy looks. If it were, they would be able to shoot better than 36.2% against a very average Vanderbilt team (RPI #41, Sagarin #55).

They've gotten very good at winning ugly but eventually their cold shooting is going to catch up with them.

Reaction Score
It's not like all that ball rotation is setting them up for easy looks. If it were, they would be able to shoot better than 36.2% against a very average Vanderbilt team (RPI #41, Sagarin #55).

They've gotten very good at winning ugly but eventually their cold shooting is going to catch up with them.

I admit....the ball movement has gotten better....however no one cuts to the basket to make the ball movement effective...its just that....ball movement with no purpose. I agree...it will eventually catch up to them against better teams.

Another thing....this team get GREAT open looks...they just can't make the shot. The only way the offense improves is if players get in the gym and put up the necessary shots to get better.

Reaction Score
18-22 foul shooting saved Tenn in this game. If Vandy played a bad game, they would have won. Unfortunately for them, they played a very bad game. Just not a very good team this year. If I was a Tenn fan, I'd be very concerned despite the current win streak.

Reaction Score
18-22 foul shooting saved Tenn in this game. If Vandy played a bad game, they would have won. Unfortunately for them, they played a very bad game. Just not a very good team this year. If I was a Tenn fan, I'd be very concerned despite the current win streak.

As long as the defense stays the way it is and our guards keep being aggressive, which will eventually open up the post....I'm not THAT concerned...like any fan, I would love to see them score more points, but I also believe in the mantra "Defense wins games....offense sells tickets". I'm still interested in seeing how they do against Texas A&M, ND, and SC.....if they go into March having lost those games, then I think it'll be more cause for concern..imo

Reaction Score
From what I see ..... Holly should work more on the offense..... by her own admission, she focuses heavy on defense, taking the thought that if defense is good, all else will work itself out...... if our Tenn friends are ok with it, though, then it must be ok.....

as long as they are peaking come March tournament time........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom