The Loudest Voice (HBO) | The Boneyard

The Loudest Voice (HBO)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I was surprised there wasn’t a thread on this (unless I missed it). I had read the reviews, and most said it was a tour de force for Crowe, but not much else. And it didn’t really bring anything new to the table. Generally reviews were poor to meh.

That being said, I am enjoying it so far. I will be honest, I really didn’t know much about how Fox News came about or really much about Ailes at all. I have been surprised to see that the Fox News strategy was all Ailes and not Murdoch. Also, Murdoch comes across as much more reasonable than I thought he was.

Anyone else watching this?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It's on Showtime, and it is excellent.

I don't trust professional TV reviewers anymore. I don't think many of them actually watch many complete episodes, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of TV reviews are written using other reviewers reviews. There are so many shows to watch and I don't think most reviewers bother to watch more than a fraction of them.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
It's on Showtime, and it is excellent.

I don't trust professional TV reviewers anymore. I don't think many of them actually watch many complete episodes, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of TV reviews are written using other reviewers reviews. There are so many shows to watch and I don't think most reviewers bother to watch more than a fraction of them.
Doh! You are right. SHO.

I am glad to hear I am not the only one who likes it. I think the Ailes story is very relevant. Odd that Seth MacFarlane who has shows on Fox was part of this. They can’t be happy about that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The show is very hard on Ailes. It is actually fairly easy on Murdoch. He comes across as the absentee boss that couldn't control his lunatic subordinate.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Just watched the most recent episode, Ailes is what Trump thinks he is. Trump just isn’t smart enough.

Reaction Score
We're really enjoying it too. Same thoughts about the Murdoch/Ailes dynamic. Crowe is good, but isn't nearly as grotesque as Ailes is. I thought Christian Bale did a better job playing a more despicable Cheney.

Not recommended for DCD's though. Too much introspection for them to bear.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Last episode was pretty intense...and Ailes keeps getting more and more despicable. I have always been a Seth MacFarlane fan, and he is doing a nice job in this.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It is like the Murdoch family got final cut on the show. They come off as completely reasonable and simply didn't know what Ailes was doing at Fox. The sons in particular come off as against Ailes the whole time, which I am pretty sure is bullscalito.

Gretchen Carlson's husband comes off like a huge jerk, and he is one of the most powerful sports agents in America in real life. Surprised at that.

Overall, well done, if a little convenient in some of its conclusions.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
It is like the Murdoch family got final cut on the show. They come off as completely reasonable and simply didn't know what Ailes was doing at Fox. The sons in particular come off as against Ailes the whole time, which I am pretty sure is bullscalito.

Gretchen Carlson's husband comes off like a huge jerk, and he is one of the most powerful sports agents in America in real life. Surprised at that.

Overall, well done, if a little convenient in some of its conclusions.
I liked it. I thought it was silly when Carlson got upset when the press descended upon her...she should know how the press reacts.

The world is a better place without Ailes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom