The lost season, what I'm focused on | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The lost season, what I'm focused on

Reaction Score
I disagree that this is a lost season. Last year was a lost season. This year is the new normal with Ollie in charge.

Last year had 3 seniors in the starting lineup, plus Jalen Adams.

That team should have won 20 games and competed for a tourney bid.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Agreed we’ll have more talent and depth but larrier is gone and if Adams doesn’t come back we’re in trouble. It’ll be a rebuilding year
And that is what we need. A rebuilding year. I am serious.Get these young players to grow together. It cannot get any worse. If mistakes are made, you can make the argument,a very young team. Imagine starting all Freshman? Okay with a few soph's? It is easier to see a mistake with a a Freshman rather than wondering why that Junior or Senior transfer doesn't have a clue. I am all for it. Brimah was so tall and thin but he was always in the mix. New coach, new players. Got my vote.

Reaction Score
Whaley needs to get more run.

He's REALLY good defensively when he's on the floor.

This summer he needs to work on his shooting form and FTs. Plus continue to build his body. But I really like his potential to at the least be a better version of Nolan or a smaller Josh Boone type.

What happened for just 2 minutes last night don't get it. He has hit the wall a little but still works hard on D and can guard people I agree. Better option than Onurah and will behave next year so he needs to play. Puzzled by these things!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
What happened for just 2 minutes last night don't get it. He has hit the wall a little but still works hard on D and can guard people I agree. Better option than Onurah and will behave next year so he needs to play. Puzzled by these things!

DO's defense is a plus. But Whaley definitely needs minutes. He's arguably the best defender on the team. As an undersized frosh. This kid as a senior could be a serious pain in the butt for opposing offenses.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Last year had 3 seniors in the starting lineup, plus Jalen Adams.

That team should have won 20 games and competed for a tourney bid.

Lost their top returning player in May, lost a top recruit in August, lost two more starters in November and played a lot of kids many more minutes then expected.

Let's not pretend they were something they were not

Reaction Score
Gilbert, Wilson, Akinjo, Matthews and Kinanus joining the team next year, giving us more talent and more depth and 3 point guards (PG play has killed us this year, along with a lot of other things)

Our 4 freshmen bigs becoming sophomores, Polley has shown some real shooting skills recently. Kids growing up is the single most important development for a program.

Vital and Williams getting even stronger

and Jalen Adams returning, if Larrier comes back both he and we should be better still.

If they stay healthy, and we've been beaten down in this regard recently, I believe they're a tournament team. I know they're a tournament team.

who is to say that we won't lose Polley,Diarra or Carlton to another school? Honestly, at this point, it is hard to hope for anything positive coming out of all this. If Ollie is here next year that is a strong posibility. We lost 3 players this year and despite the fact that they were not that great last year, they still would have had a year under their belt and would have spelled other players for some rest, but on the other hand, even if they had a year under their belt, they probably would have been no better than last year. I don't think they would have learned a hell of a lot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom