The Lincoln Bracket changed dramatically last night | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Lincoln Bracket changed dramatically last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
(2) you thought that the victory by DePaul was flukey and that DePaul was the weaker team but that it had one of those unlikely nights when it was able to beat a superior team. But I don't hear you saying either of those things, not as to DePaul, anyway. (I suspect you thought BYU's win fits in category (2).)
Well yea, that's kinda of a no brainer. Don't know if that should have to be explained. Just like playing a 7 seed should be easier than playing a 2 seed. Playing a 12 seed should be easier than playing a 4 seed (on their home court). The bracket got a lot easier for UCONN. Not that it was that difficult to start with.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Agree, UCONN's bracket definitely did not get tougher by having BYU and DePaul advance.

That's for sure. In fact this might be one of those years when our third game is easier than our second game. I watched it but still can't figure out how BYU won that game last night.
At any rate I really don't see us having a truly "tough" game until the FF (Unless something bizarre happens).

Reaction Score
BYU had a kid who made like 4 3's all year come in last night and hit 3 of them when their big girl in foul trouble. Perfect storm.

I think UConn caught a break not facing Nebraska on their home floor. Obviously we would have won but their fans are really rabid and loud and they seem to play well there. BYU not as hard a Sweet 16 team. They tried to throw the game away at the end.

As for DePaul? Clearly better than a Jones/Gray less Duke team. Led them from start to finish at Cameron. If you look at what teams could cause an upset ala Louisville last year it would be teams who A. Score B. Shoot the 3 well and C. have 5 offensive threats on the floor. DePaul has that. They hit 14 3's last night and their 5 starters all had double figures. Do I think they will beat us? No. But we will need to be sharp to beat that team. They will have some stretches where they will be hot and will cause some nervousness on here. Certainly more than a more predictable offensive Duke team would have.

So I don't think the bracket changed all that dramatically. We avoided a road game in the Sweet 16 which is nice. But the 2nd best team in the bracket is still on pace for the regional final. I don't see A&M beating DePaul.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's for sure. In fact this might be one of those years when our third game is easier than our second game. I watched it but still can't figure out how BYU won that game last night.
At any rate I really don't see us having a truly "tough" game until the FF (Unless something bizarre happens).

BYU has had the potential for a game like this all season. Sometimes Beeson or Eaton has a big game but when they don't usually they have a tough time. Last night the Huskers tried to focus too much attention on Hamson and it backfired.

UCONN better hope that BYU doesn't really have a "perfect game" if they meet.

Reaction Score
. . . No Huskies v. Huskers in a packed arena is disappointing. I hope the Nebraska fans show up and appreciate good basketball. . .

I am hopeful that there will be a good crowd in Lincoln. I'm guessing that a lot of Husker fans
expected their team to still be alive and bought tickets in advance on the basis of that expectation.

Now they will have a tough time selling those tickets, or even giving them away. . . so why not
use them? After all . . . the circus is coming to town.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
BYU has had the potential for a game like this all season. Sometimes Beeson or Eaton has a big game but when they don't usually they have a tough time. Last night the Huskers tried to focus too much attention on Hamson and it backfired.

UCONN better hope that BYU doesn't really have a "perfect game" if they meet.

From what I saw of their ability to take care of the ball that seems highly unlikely.

Reaction Score
BYU had a kid who made like 4 3's all year come in last night and hit 3 of them when their big girl in foul trouble. Perfect storm.

I think UConn caught a break not facing Nebraska on their home floor. Obviously we would have won but their fans are really rabid and loud and they seem to play well there. BYU not as hard a Sweet 16 team. They tried to throw the game away at the end.

As for DePaul? Clearly better than a Jones/Gray less Duke team. Led them from start to finish at Cameron. If you look at what teams could cause an upset ala Louisville last year it would be teams who A. Score B. Shoot the 3 well and C. have 5 offensive threats on the floor. DePaul has that. They hit 14 3's last night and their 5 starters all had double figures. Do I think they will beat us? No. But we will need to be sharp to beat that team. They will have some stretches where they will be hot and will cause some nervousness on here. Certainly more than a more predictable offensive Duke team would have.

So I don't think the bracket changed all that dramatically. We avoided a road game in the Sweet 16 which is nice. But the 2nd best team in the bracket is still on pace for the regional final. I don't see A&M beating DePaul.
We caught a break not having to play Nebraska on their home court????? Why is that? Is it because we haven't played any good teams on their home court this year???? No, I think we played a slew of top 20 teams on their home court and smacked them, didn't we! Maybe it would have been better to play a good home team with a raucous crowd because maybe it would better prepare us for the Final Four. We don't want a bunch of walkovers and then have to "turn it on" once we get to the Final Four. I know, UConn never really turns it off but a nice test in the regional finals might have been helpful, don't you think????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom