The legend of Jeremy Lamb grows | The Boneyard

The legend of Jeremy Lamb grows

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Cannot. Wait. For. The. Season. To. Start.

Reaction Score
Amazing how the kid blew up. The last soph I recall with such high accolades was a guy named Ray Allen. Both 'unexpectedly' blew up in their freshman year.

Reaction Score
It's crazy the progress he made from the beginning of the season to the championship.

6 NCAA tourney games, the kid shoots 58% from the field, 12-19 from deep, 97 points against a tough couple of teams.

First 6 games of the season, shoots 36% from the field, 1-10 from deep, 28 points total against really only one quality team.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I remember posting at some point that while I could tell that Lamb was going to be a star, it wasn't going to happen in his freshman season. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. And then, CLICK. Sometimes it's great to be proven wrong.

What's amazing about Jeremy is that he didn't start on his high school team when he was a junior (i.e., when we were recruiting him). That's just nuts. Imagine going from being sixth man on your high school squad to being name-checked by the President in two years.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The recruiting staff saw something in Jeremy before everyone else did. There is a gamble taking someone who hasn't reached the high level of play required in BE play. Sometimes the players don't pan out. But JC has had enough successes with these less than heralded players. Jeremy is just beginning to reach his potential.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The recruiting staff saw something in Jeremy before everyone else did. There is a gamble taking someone who hasn't reached the high level of play required in BE play. Sometimes the players don't pan out. But JC has had enough successes with these less than heralded players. Jeremy is just beginning to reach his potential.

I vividly remember when they were recruiting the two Lamb's last year ... a lot of people were disappointed that we were getting the lesser rated of the two ... but all the things I read about him from the scout's, his ability to shoot, his length, his desire ... all made me have a good feeling about this kid from day one. What a fantastic surprise he's been.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
It's getting really hard to temper my excitement and expectations.

Reaction Score
I officiated several of JL's games as me was maturing into a fine BB player. He really benefited from having KW as the go to guy last year, and by the end of the season he was more than just a frosh . This summer he played at high level and now it's time for him to shine. The only question I have is will the absence of KW effect his rise? Bazz will be a good leader in time, but what will it take to have JL really explode? Is there enough around him to keep things spread? I truly believe that DD holds the answer. I can't wait........................

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Go Go Jeremy! And his gadget arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member