The Least Expendable? | The Boneyard

The Least Expendable?

Reaction Score
Who is the least expendable player for the Uconn women? A daunting question indeed. I think it is Gabby Williams. She is a great defensive player, probably our best rebounder, hands out a ton of assists and scores a lot too. Her energy probably inspires the whole team. In the beginning of the year, I would have said Naphesa Collier but she has struggled a little this year. My second choice would be Kia Nurse.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Should have seen that coming. I cant even make a rough cut from our top 6. They are so good and so different with different responsibilities and strengths. Let other get a headache. I will take a backseat and read in the shadows. :oops:

Reaction Score
Have we not learned our lesson yet with these threads? There is absolutely no need to tempt fate/Basketball Gods with threads like this! A week ago a thread like this was posted, and the very next game UConn had injuries to Samuelson, Williams, and Dangerfield. Enough is enough.

HGN

Reaction Score
WE NEED ALL THE PLAYERS. THE WHOLE TEAM. NO ONE PLAYER IS EXPENDABLE.........UConn needs everybody to be available for the team to be
at its Best. That's why Geno is trying so hard to fast track the bench players right now. Because the Huskies need everybody in order to make another
Championship run.

Reaction Score
WE NEED ALL THE PLAYERS. THE WHOLE TEAM. NO ONE PLAYER IS EXPENDABLE....UConn needs everybody to be available for the team to be
at its Best. That's why Geno is trying so hard to fast track the bench players right now. Because the Huskies need everybody in order to make another
Championship run.
The team as a UNIT is special and is a difficult defeat for other teams--difficult but not impossible. It IS critical to get as many second string players to become effective subs or fill-in's. With Louisville and USouth Carolina in the less than distant future fast tracking has to become flash tracking for the new kidz. You can bet your broken bippies both teams will work to get Napheesa, KLS, Gabby, Azura into just enough foul issues for them to sit.

Reaction Score
Did not anybody listen to/understand what Geno was saying the evening before the Temple game. The team is like fine recipe - it takes ALL the ingredients. You can't/don't just add, subtract or substitute ingredients and expect the same dish. And from my standpoint, that includes ALL the team - including players, coaches, training staff, managers and a whole host of others that I'm sure most of us aren't even aware of.
With that said - NOBODY is any more or less "expendable" than any of the other "ingredients"

Reaction Score
Have we not learned our lesson yet with these threads? There is absolutely no need to tempt fate/Basketball Gods with threads like this! A week ago a thread like this was posted, and the very next game UConn had injuries to Samuelson, Williams, and Dangerfield. Enough is enough.
I certainly wasn't trying to put a curse on the team by my question. I thought it was a legitimate question and could make for a good discussion. Perhaps, I could have worded it differently like, "Who is the most valuable player on the Uconn team?"
My answer would have been the same. I think it is Gabby and then Kia.

PS I believe in God not in basketball gods.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Earlier this year, when Lou had her first ankle sit down, Geno indicated that she did some many more things than "just" scoring and the team had a whole different look when she was not on the floor. It is true that the whole is greater than the sum of is parts, but that statement of Geno's tells me she is the greatest difference maker when she's on the floor.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I certainly wasn't trying to put a curse on the team by my question. I thought it was a legitimate question and could make for a good discussion. Perhaps, I could have worded it differently like, "Who is the most valuable player on the Uconn team?"
My answer would have been the same. I think it is Gabby and then Kia.

PS I believe in God not in basketball gods.
shhh-be-vewy-juu13h.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
. Perhaps, I could have worded it differently like, "Who is the most valuable player on the Uconn team?"My answer would have been the same.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe one of the Moderators could change the title for you. Expendable sounds too negative?
BTW, my MVP this year has been Kia & the mojo gods is a very real thing around here so be careful.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
No one!!!! We need all hands on deck, especially with the injuries they are dealing with.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
For me the answer is easy. At UConn the most important player is each and every one without the ball. The 2nd most important is the one with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom