The latest tweet on Lauren Hill | The Boneyard

The latest tweet on Lauren Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is this great or what?

Mel Greenberg retweeted
Hoopsville/McHugh ‏@d3hoopsville 10h10 hours ago
It's official: #LaurenHill is on par with Olympians. Congrats to a well deserving young lady. #d3h #whyD3 #PlayFor22

B1uiFkhIIAA-A-H.jpg

Reaction Score
meyers7 said:
Nice.

Interesting the difference in how Lauren Hill and Brittany Maynard approach end of life.

Actually, I think both chose very powerful, dignified, and very inspiring ways to handle their situations. Both Lauren and Brittany lived the remainders of their time following their passions and beliefs; both used their situations to raise awareness around important issues.

I have enormous admiration for both strong, courageous women.

Reaction Score
This is great. Congratulations to Lauren!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I hope people buy a boatload of Lauren Hill Wheaties. Off to the supermarket, everybody!
I hate to say it, but Wheaties is one of the most unappetizing cereals i've ever had. Like eating mushy cardboard...

Reaction Score
I read that she is going to speak during halftime at the Cincinnati WBB game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I hate to say it, but Wheaties is one of the most unappetizing cereals i've ever had. Like eating mushy cardboard...
One of my favorites. I do add fruit to it though.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Last edited:

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Nice.

Interesting the difference in how Lauren Hill and Brittany Maynard approach end of life.

Exactly what differences do you see?

To me I see two people striving to do the best they can in the time left to them. Your question seems to implicitly suggest that Maynard's choice is one you don't agree with. If so, why don't you just come out & say it?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Exactly what differences do you see?
Pretty easy to see. One living the life she has left to the fullest, the other, checking out.

To me I see two people striving to do the best they can in the time left to them. Your question seems to implicitly suggest that Maynard's choice is one you don't agree with. If so, why don't you just come out & say it?
No, I don't necessarily disagree with either one. It's just a striking difference. Not sure what I'd do if I was in that situation.

Reaction Score

It gets too soggy too quick. But if I see a box with Lauren's picture on it I'll buy it for sure!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Great idea but I'm disappointed in the result above. Looks like a 2 minute job by someone at General Mills. I don't think it captures the bright light that she has shown herself to be. They could have done a better job.

my_LH_wheaties_cover.jpg

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
The Lauren Hill story has captured my heart from the first day I heard about her fight against this horrible disease. I think the fact that she can face this head on and still have the desire to accomplish her goals and dreams is so inspiring to me.

Reaction Score
Nice.

My wife died from a brain tumor. It was incredibly painful and horrific for months. Death was a welcome event. One night the pain meds wore off and I was able to talk to her one last time. At that moment it seemed like a gift to me. Then the pain increased and she was screaming. Unfortunately it took a while for the morphine to kick in. I still feel guilty about that moment, that I was so selfish for me. You might benefit from walking in someone's shoes before passing judgement. Have a good nights sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom