the latest on Ledo & PC...partial qualifier??? | The Boneyard

the latest on Ledo & PC...partial qualifier???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This scenario fits in perfectly with the motto of PC basketball..."I swear we'll be good next year."

+1000 great comment. but don't forget to add "how the mighty have fallen" at UConn

Reaction Score
I thought the Big East doesn't accept "partial qualifiers"? I thought you're either qualified to play or you're not.

Reaction Score
There is no such thing as a partial qualifier, only nonqualifiers.

With respect to nonqualifiers, the Big East has a policy, which extends to basketball, that such athletes are not permitted to participate in the sport.

However, such participation to compete, practice and receive financial aid is okay if granted an NCAA waiver.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ahhh and theres a good sign the season is getting close. when all 5 pc fans come out of hiding to talk . i honestly can't wait for the day when we are no longer in a up conf with bball only teams. pc is one of those schools just cashing checks off the big boys. it happens in all leagues but pc is one of the worst examples overall. let me guess, pc is killing it on the recruit trail and is going to land 4 more tilton kids like every year and top100 espn kids like everyday. every time cooley he lands a great recruit. pc bball is back becuase they were here at one point! horray!

the best part about pc is one day when bball schools split from uconn/lville and have to add schools or merge with a a10 type league is that one night there will be a meeting about it and everyone in a room will have to ask who to invite. pc? or uri? w/e your answer is i don't care, but the fact that its a serious question is all the fun.

Reaction Score
still good enough to spank the "dream team" last year

Yep we definitely had a disappointing season, can't argue with that. But do you really want to talk trash when your pathetic team can't even make the NIT? High standards you have at PC!

Reaction Score
And what would the reasons for a waiver be?

When the STUDENT athlete is oh so close to qualifying in one of the eligibility areas, usually core course requirements, and has a little orphan annie tale of woe, backed by stochastic studies of predicted academic success, the NCAA might relax the standard, allowing for some participation. However, those who follow such things know that such waivers aren't granted except in extraordinary circumstances, like don't bother asking if you expect full participation, ie practice, competition and $'s.

As for reconciling the BE's policy of not allowing nonq's, yet allowing the member institution to request relief from the eligibility criteria, look at it like this: the athlete, once granted the waiver, is deemed to have qualified to the extent outlined in the waiver, so in the BE's eyes, the athlete is no longer nonqualified. I personally think that this policy is reductio ad absurdumemmertisapussyhypocrite.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
PC should get itself one of those sweet, sweet UNC majors.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
PC should get itself one of those sweet, sweet UNC majors.

they would need college athletes to fill those classes with then so thats out of the question.

Reaction Score
Ledo has been working out with Desmond Williams at CCRI this summer. Desmond Williams is from Torrington, Jordan Williams brother. He has really turned into a bigtime player, wonder if we are giving him a look. Not sure we are looking at junior college players but Williams is certainly a high major recruit.

Reaction Score
Come on guys. Quit hating on PC (and BCU for that matter). They are showing New England solidarity on our NCAA ban by not participating this year.... :)

Of course, this isn't different from any other year;)

Reaction Score
Yep we definitely had a disappointing season, can't argue with that. But do you really want to talk trash when your pathetic team can't even make the NIT? High standards you have at PC!

Umm yeah disappointing for sure, hugely so...

But we also won a national championship the year before... happens

I have love for PC, would like for them to build, and they've taken some steps recently, great coach for eg.

Hate from PC fans though is just dumb, we're in an entirely different league, and a win here and there is just that.

I hope PC keeps building and revives their tradition. I'm sure if that happened they'd stop hating and understand their place.

Reaction Score
still good enough to spank the "dream team" last year
Every year PC comes up with a WTF win. If it's not UConn, it would be Pitt, that year when they were #1. Or last year when they clobbered FF Louisville.
Bottom line, however, is PC hasn't made the tourney in several years. I've lost count as the # of years since they've made it.
I guess I would much rather see a Feb. loss to PC (especially that year when Calhoun went ballistic on Dave Solomon) and UConn go on to win a NC (like they did that year), than never make the big dance like PC does.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

if i was in the same room as u i would pull my pants down just to see what your reaction would be.

Reaction Score

Do you really expect Ledo to stick around and play next year at PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom