The latest Lunardi bracket.. | The Boneyard

The latest Lunardi bracket..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We were "next four out" on January 22nd and we haven't lost since...so I have to imagine that we're right around there now.

So, as we all know, we're in that pile of teams trying to squeeze into the last at-large spots.

Reaction Score
This may sound negative but why should we be considered. .

We have not earned it yet. We basically need to win the rest of the regular season or the aac tournament

Reaction Score
We were "next four out" on January 22nd and we haven't lost since...so I have to imagine that we're right around there now.

So, as we all know, we're in that pile of teams trying to squeeze into the last at-large spots.
We are even in the "next four out". I don't get how we are off the page now.

Reaction Score
The good news is that the "bubble" this year will be extremely weak. My guess is that assuming we win all the games we are expected to, if we split with SMU, sweep Memphis, beat Tulsa, beat Temple and go to atleast the semi-s in the AAC tournament, UConn should get in. All this and a win at Cincy and we'd be comfortably in.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
UConn still has 5 weeks plus the AAC Tournament. The defending National Champ hasn't been allowed to defend their title on only a handful of occasions. Unfortunately, the last time it happened was 2013 (Kentucky), so fans can't say it's not unprecedented, even in the modern era.

Reaction Score
Why should we be considered? We haven't beaten anyone. Our best win is against Dayton on a neutral court. Florida is a bubble team at best. They are in the same boat we are and that's our 2nd best win. We don't deserve to be in the tournament thus far and beating the dregs of the AAC isn't going to boost our resume. AAC tournament or bust at this point.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The media isn't shafting us. This time, it's our own inconsistency. Sucks but all we can do is hope our boys play better and go on a roll.

Reaction Score
as far as defending the national title. It is usually very difficult to do that due to the fact that you lose a good core of that title to graduation and UCONN lost a lot of good plyers to graduation. Kromah,Giffey,Bazz, andanb erly out in Daniels. Hard to expect the same results the following year.

Reaction Score
What about our play demonstrates that we are playing at a level that deserves an at large bid? The talent is there to sneak in, but the resume is lacking with little left on the schedule to help our cause.

We need to win just about all our remaining conference games and probably make it to the AAC Championship game to even have a chance to get a bid. We also need the rest of the pile of bubble teams to struggle as much if not more than we have. The problem is many bubble teams are in one of the Big 5 conferences with remaining games against teams that will help their resumes.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
To all the nay sayers and quitters:
I ain't giving up until Selection Sunday is over and done
as far as I am concerned...........................
We are UConn
We belong

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We'll make the tournament. Our seed might be ugly, but we'll be there. Hey, 7-seeds win the tournament sometimes... :eek:

Reaction Score
What about our play demonstrates that we are playing at a level that deserves an at large bid? The talent is there to sneak in, but the resume is lacking with little left on the schedule to help our cause.

We need to win just about all our remaining conference games and probably make it to the AAC Championship game to even have a chance to get a bid. We also need the rest of the pile of bubble teams to struggle as much if not more than we have. The problem is many bubble teams are in one of the Big 5 conferences with remaining games against teams that will help their resumes.
This a complete misunderstanding of the situation.

We win all but the games @ SMU, @ Memphis and @ Temple and we have an RPI of around 35.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The media isn't shafting us. This time, it's our own inconsistency. Sucks but all we can do is hope our boys play better and go on a roll.
Agreed, in fact id say this year is a surprise because the media seems to be somewhat pro-UConn and giving us the benefit of the doubt as a program, which is a nice change up from years past. Unfortunately, our own bad play will cause the media and analysts to rethink this decision next year, which is why its so important to capitalize on the positive press/attention that comes with being the national champs, yet it seems like UConn can never do that (2000, 2005, 2012 ugghhhhh, and 2015).

Reaction Score
Agreed, in fact id say this year is a surprise because the media seems to be somewhat pro-UConn and giving us the benefit of the doubt as a program, which is a nice change up from years past. Unfortunately, our own bad play will cause the media and analysts to rethink this decision next year, which is why its so important to capitalize on the positive press/attention that comes with being the national champs, yet it seems like UConn can never do that (2000, 2005, 2012 ugghhhhh, and 2015).

Kudos to anyone who reads this and says, "Yeah, that makes sense."

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Kudos to anyone who reads this and says, "Yeah, that makes sense."
What doesnt make sense BigErn? All im saying is that I've noticed that UConn seems to be getting way more attention than it deserves this year from the media (e.g. ESPN had a segment on the chances of UConn and Florida making the tournament this year, just those two programs, now why would they do that when there are dozens of other teams in the country on the bubble). Also, I believe that UConn making a big impact nationally THIS YEAR is pivotal in the program's success for the future going forward. If UConn continues to disappoint like it is doing, it will only make the average viewer of CBB think "Classic UConn, fluke win", despite the fact that its patently false, yet people have short memories and the '14 title + the follow up year are very similar and underwhelming to the '11 title + the follow up year. It confirms the idea that UConn's success has simply been a flash in the pan, or good fortune, when we all know that its so not.

So in my eyes, being successful in the regular season the year following a title, ESPECIALLY in this s***hole of a conference that is the AAC, is essential for recruiting, and most importantly, for conference realignment going forward. Please let me know what else you are confused about and ill elaborate.

On a side note, I put UConn's chances of getting into the tournament this year at 70%. If the AAC tourney wasnt in Hartford I'd say 50%.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I wouldn't necessarily call it an overall trend either way. IIRC last month there was a thread where someone flipped a about UCONN being called a "solid program" and how much disrespect everyone in the media gave a "blue blood" program. Sometimes we'll get love, sometimes we'll get shade (especially if Jeffy G is involved).

Reaction Score
The timing of the AAC tournament being in Hartford could not have been better. Even the Boneyard will be pumped for this AAC event. Hopefully if it sells well we get next year too.

Reaction Score
(e.g. ESPN had a segment on the chances of UConn and Florida making the tournament this year, just those two programs, now why would they do that when there are dozens of other teams in the country on the bubble).

"Because they're final four teams from last year who are both on the bubble the next year", is your answer.

Reaction Score

That just isn't true, but whatever. That would mean UConn would have about 7 top 50 wins, maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom