The Last Play.. This Bothers Me | The Boneyard

The Last Play.. This Bothers Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When the final throw of the game hits the ground, the scoreboard still read 1 second and then runs off. I have watched it on replay a couple of times and there is no doubt about it. I just don't see how this can't be reviewed, especially seeing we were at home. If this is college basketball you're getting the ball back to run one more play. It may have been a long shot but we had less then a second left and I'm disappointed we didn't get one more crack at the end zone.

Not sure if this has already been discussed so apologize if it has.

Reaction Score
I noticed the same exact thing and I was suprised nobody on the UConn sideline said anything about it. There was definitely a second left on the clock.

Reaction Score
I'm bothered by the last play because all Ryan Griffin had to do was turn around and he would have had a chance. Instead he just acted like a defender trying to knock the ball to the ground.

Reaction Score
What difference would it have made? UConn would have had to throw for a touchdown if they had that extra play. What are the chances of that happening? And,yes they should have fought for that one extra play, but really how pathetic is UConn's passing efforts.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I believe the clock is stopped at the whistle, not when the ball hits the ground. There was no whistle until after the clock hit :00.

Reaction Score
I thought the rule was the clock stops when the ball hits the ground, or any object on the sideline. Remember the Colt McCoy fiasco two years ago where he threw it away? The clock originally expired, then they looked over it and ruled to stop the clock right when the ball hit the sideline rail.

The play is over right when the ball hits the ground, so shouldn't the clock stop right there? I don't care how slim the chances were, there was time left for one more play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom