The Lamb Shake-up | The Boneyard

The Lamb Shake-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to the Courant, Calhoun had admonished the Huskies to play "full speed offense" to start the half. Instead …

"It took Jeremy [Lamb] five seconds to dribble through the Husky [logo at center court]," Calhoun said. "I don't know what the record is for getting through the Husky, but five seconds isn't it."

Funny as hell. Jeremy seemed to get the message, he played great after that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That is hilarious. I think it sends a good message to the rest of the team that the star can be benched for dogging it.

Reaction Score
Not sure if others noticed it, but he definitely seemed to have something wrong with his leg... it affected him in all aspects of his game... hopefully just a little tendinitis...

Reaction Score
I've been calling that he needs to get benched for his mistakes going back to the last game. Would understand if his shots arent falling but turnovers, rebounding and effort aren't there. He should be held accountable. Nice to see that he woke after that.

Reaction Score
the whole team has looked disinterested at times. lamb is tough to pinpoint because he always looks disinterested no matter what he's doing....but he does look slower and more lethargic than normal. But i really think everyone, except Olander (& others at times, SN, DD) looks bored out there so far.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Maybe these guys are "dogging" it or are "bored". I have no way of knowing whether these are accurate descriptions or personal perspectives that are inaccurate. The important thing is that JC wanted the offense to speed up. And JL was not doing that.

Another important thing is JC made the perfect move to get the team to respond to what he wanted from their play. Coaches know what they want. Getting players to execute that vision does not always occur. JC is a master at developing players, but even he struggles at times. No coach is successful 100% of the time. The best coaches have a greater degree of success than the worse coaches. But part of the success is having a floor general who can translate what the coaches want.

The three best players for JC with this attribute were KW, KEA and CB. Hopefully SN can develop into this role. He was sick the last two games, so that could be part of the problem. We'll just have to wait and see.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
the whole team has looked disinterested at times. lamb is tough to pinpoint because he always looks disinterested no matter what he's doing....but he does look slower and more lethargic than normal. But i really think everyone, except Olander (& others at times, SN, DD) looks bored out there so far.

Don't see disinterest myself. I see a two guard being uncomfortable playing the point and not really knowing what to do.

I think it'll take this team a while to sort itself out. Kemba was the fulcrum last year in more ways than one. This year, KW's many roles are being dispersed over a number of guys, and it's going to take a bit of time for people to grow into those roles.

I see tentativeness from a bunch of guys. Won't really know what we have til we get Boatright back anyway.

Reaction Score
Not sure if others noticed it, but he definitely seemed to have something wrong with his leg... it affected him in all aspects of his game... hopefully just a little tendinitis...
I was at the game, pretty close to the floor, and noticed him injure or agrivate an existing injury to his hand or wrist. He was fiddling with his wrist throughout the game after that point. It was his worst shooting performance of the season, and I think much of it had to do with that nagging injury.

I don't know about his leg. He seemed to move fine in the 2nd half. I'm sure he's banged up, but that seemed to have a negligible impact on him compared to his wrist injury.

Reaction Score
I'll tell you this. He played MUCH harder defense after getting benched.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The team in general has shown tremendous talent in its first three games. They look out of sorts at times because roles are still not defined yet. When you don't know what your role on the floor is yet, focusing on what you should be doing from moment to moment becomes far more a conscious process, slow and indecisive, which makes you seem lost at times. The better you understand what the team needs from you specifically, the better you understand your role, the better you and the team will look.

Calhoun has said more than once that his most successful teams are those who buy into the roles he assigns to them. Calhoun uses the first couple months to iron out a rotation, and to figure out everyone's role. That's what's happening now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The team in general has shown tremendous talent in its first three games. They look out of sorts at times because roles are still not defined yet. When you don't know what your role on the floor is yet, focusing on what you should be doing from moment to moment becomes far more a conscious process, slow and indecisive, which makes you seem lost at times. The better you understand what the team needs from you specifically, the better you understand your role, the better you and the team will look.

Calhoun has said more than once that his most successful teams are those who buy into the roles he assigns to them. Calhoun uses the first couple months to iron out a rotation, and to figure out everyone's role. That's what's happening now.
Excellently stated.

Reaction Score
i think we looked best with DD,AO,AD,JL,SN on the floor together and i think as the season goes on that will be the starting lineup. TO,RS,NG,RB coming off the bench would be pretty awesome imo. i think by march we`ll likely see this rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom