The Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | The Boneyard

The Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It's been a while, and it wasn't her best game by a long shot, but Paige gets my vote as the B.A. today, playing 25+ minutes, shooting 5/7 (2/2), 4 rbs, 5 ast, 2 stls & a block.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Paige is a good choice, and I thought about Aaliyah for that collision with number five on Mercer, but I’m going with Nika. She’s just so intense and disruptive. The epitome of badassery.

Reaction Score
Truly a team effort, The Badass award go to
every/ all defensive players in the third quarter : 20 - donut, Huskies!
Honorable mention to: Dorka, double double, Paige, for being "the kid",
and Evina, Christyn, and Olivia for senior taking care of "unfinished business".
GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
Evina wasn’t THE BA in this game, but once again she hit back-to-back 3s, which only proves her chronic badassery. THE BA? Gotta be Paige for playing 25 minutes and looking much more like her bad old self. And Dorka in double-double land. And the entire team for hanging a bagel on Mercer in Q3: 20-0!!!

Reaction Score
Paige is a good choice, and I thought about Aaliyah for that collision with number five on Mercer, but I’m going with Nika. She’s just so intense and disruptive. The epitome of badassery.
Have to agree. In the first half, when UConn was still building their lead, every time Nika came in the defense and overall speed UConn played at was faster.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I have to give it to Paige she had a the best overall game and took some hits and kept on ticking. I would have given it to Dorka for her D-D, but going 2-7 from the floor and many of those were bunnies is not good enough to be the KMBA winner.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I'm going to support our players off the bench:

Badass is Dorka for her DD - 10 points and 10 rebounds.
HM for sweet Caroline - 18 minutes of play and 10 points with 6 rebounds and 1 assist.

Both played good defense.

Reaction Score
Paige and Dorka today. HM to Ducharme. Team absolutely looked best when Dorka and Ducharme were in the game. I’d like the “2nd team” to start.
Since I know very little about basketball I try not to comment on players or how the games were played, but to my amateur eye it appeared to me as if Caroline and Dorka developed a lot of chemistry as they played together over the course of the season.
I thought they really came into their own, hoping for more as the tournament progresses.

Reaction Score
In the first quarter, Mercer, notably undersized, grabbed offensive rebound after offensive rebound. Geno, obviously perturbed by all the second- and third-chance attempts Mercer was getting, turned around and waved Dorka into the game. That move effectively ended the party for Mercer. Dorka has emerged as a force, without whom this team would be a woefully different entity!

Reaction Score
There are no wrong answers in this thread. I will say one thing, Azzi played real good defense, not something she gets very much credit for when everyone is expecting her to rain down 3's.

Reaction Score
I can't come up with a BA for this game, including for overall team effort. Don't get me wrong, everyone played well and some better than well. Defense was solid, plenty of points scored, and a solid and easy win. I'm going to credit a Mercer team that was outgunned at every position yet made UConn work for much of the game. It's great to see a 15 seed that has good athletes that can play.

Reaction Score
No BA individual award but maybe BA would stand for Balanced Approach for this one.
A couple of times I designated this as a team award and took heat for it but that is exactly what UConn is compared to others.
Nobody did anything spectacular but all contributed in a good way. I have to say Paige, had a good stat day along with Dorka who only played 17 minutes and got a double double.
A BA tip of the cap to Geno for realizing he has a nine deep team and trying to figure out the proper combinations at the right time for match ups. He has a problem most all D1 coaches would love to have. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom