The Kibitzer Memorial BadAss Award | The Boneyard

The Kibitzer Memorial BadAss Award

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
By all rights the BA should go to Liv for the 4th or 5th game in a row. But tonight, I got to give it to Nika. Her defense on Park-Lane was relentless and she had me jumping out of my chair when she started knocking down 3's.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Nika for shutting down Park-Lane
I was thinking about this, and saw Geno's postgame remarks. I think I'd give it to team defense. The three Seton Hall guards had 15 points on a collective 4-27 shooting from the floor. Geno said the UConn guards were instructed how to funnel the SH guards to bad spots. Park-Lane appeared to get by Nika several times, but Park-Lane didn't score ONCE on any of those drives because she was pushed into a place where she couldn't score either because it was an unmakable shot or she was between a couple of trees. It was basically the same with Espinoza-Hunter and Jackson.

The defense went in with a plan and executed it all game.

Reaction Score
ONO and I agree that NIKA came to
play = as always, Finally someone is
making some threes. But our percentage
was 20 % from three point range.
Nice to see Amari and Paith. Was that really
a pass from Piath to ONO for a three pointer??
Nice going BIG GIRLS! On to St. John's

Reaction Score
I was thinking about this, and saw Geno's postgame remarks. I think I'd give it to team defense. The three Seton Hall guards had 15 points on a collective 4-27 shooting from the floor. Geno said the UConn guards were instructed how to funnel the SH guards to bad spots. Park-Lane appeared to get by Nika several times, but Park-Lane didn't score ONCE on any of those drives because she was pushed into a place where she couldn't score either because it was an unmakable shot or she was between a couple of trees. It was basically the same with Espinoza-Hunter and Jackson.

The defense went in with a plan and executed it all game.
Olivia! We've waited so long for this consistency and her 17, 14 and 5 was superb.

Well said, Bigboote... Nika played very well and it was great to see the three treys, but Park-Lane was by her quite a few times, only to be frustrated by the Huskies' size.

Excellent games by Dorka and Evina, too. How refreshing to have an abundance of options:)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One additional thought on Nika's game tonight. Park-Lane is used to being the quickest player on the court. When Nika picked her pocket in the 1st qtr tonight and scored an easy layup, it really unsettled Park Lane, who was never the same for the rest of the game.

Reaction Score
One additional thought on Nika's game tonight. Park-Lane is used to being the quickest player on the court. When Nika picked her pocket in the 1st qtr tonight and scored an easy layup, it really unsettled Park Lane, who was never the same for the rest of the game.
Really a nice point. The camera recorded Nika racing to the basket and Park-Lane dispiritedly trotting behind, not racing down for a possible rebound on a miss.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My KM BadAss Award goes to Nika, Yes ONO had a great game, but Nika was the driving force both on offense and defense. She was the only player, of the ones that had played 20+ minutes, who shot 50% from the field. She also had 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals, and the only one with more than one 3 pointers (3-7) half of the 6 made by the team. The rest of the team shot 3 for 23 on the 3's. But best of all she had NO T/O's everyone else had at least one T/O.

Reaction Score
I would go for Nika who certainly showed the value of having a real point guard on the floor. Loved Liv also who is starting to be a consistent threat. I favored Nika because I couldn't help but remember the game where Park-Lane torched the Huskies and Nika was not playing. Nike held her in check and when she did get by her she was funneled into a big.

Reaction Score
Tonight I split the award between Olivia and Nika. Honorable mention to the team overall.
Tough times and they all played tough. As Geno said in pregame presser, "We have to play different than we have in 25 years."
Evina and Dorka had something to be credited for ....

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
My badass award goes to Olivia. She has really been playing like a senior. I am enjoying watching her play. I can see a lot of Coach Jamelle's work in her. As for Nika, yes she had a good game, but not badass worthy to me. I was so glad to see her making shots.

Reaction Score
My KM BadAss Award goes to Nika, Yes ONO had a great game, but Nika was the driving force both on offense and defense. She was the only player, of the ones that had played 20+ minutes, who shot 50% from the field. She also had 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals, and the only one with more than one 3 pointers (3-7) half of the 6 made by the team. The rest of the team shot 3 for 23 on the 3's. But best of all she had NO T/O's everyone else had at least one T/O.
Sarge, I agree 100%. Liv had the best game, but Nika was the BA. That's the Nika we know and love :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In the Presser, Geno said as far as a calming and authoritative voice, Nika is the leader on the court. Liv also said that she is very good at calling out the defensive plays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom