The key to turnaround has been Samuel at 1-2 and Hamilton at 4. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The key to turnaround has been Samuel at 1-2 and Hamilton at 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Look at losses at Cincy and Houston. Halfway through the ECU game we switched to Samuel starting as a second ball-handling guard. This changed everything.

Starting Samuel has allowed Boat to play off the ball. Samuel is also taller which allows him to see over defenses. Boat would often get doubled and was not tall enough to make the defense pay by passing over the double to an open player. This fundamentally changed our offense and made our perimeter defense quicker.

Hamilton at four gives up some muscle over the likes of Nolan or Facey, but more than makes up for it in increased offensive efficiency. As an added bonus Hamilton makes Brimah more dangerous.

This talk of a turnaround is not good. Not good at all. We're doomed.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@JonRothstein: UConn freshman Daniel Hamilton has 50 rebounds in his last five games. Numbers going up at the 4 similar to DeAndre Daniels past two years.

Reaction Score
Gonna be a tough game to win, turnaround or not. Too bad we are even in the position to need the win so badly. Tough coach, good team, Game Day in town, packed arena. A win will have me believing.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@JonRothstein: Will UConn's revert to small ball give SMU's massive front line problems? Terrific PG battle bw Boatright/Moore too. Moody will be ROCKING!

caw

Reaction Score
@JonRothstein: Will UConn's revert to small ball give SMU's massive front line problems? Terrific PG battle bw Boatright/Moore too. Moody will be ROCKING!

He's on point with those comments.

I personally would start in small ball to see how it works out of the gate. It's not like Facey wouldn't be available off the bench.

Boat really needs to win that battle for UConn to have a chance.

Reaction Score
If D-Ham comes back next year he will be a first team AA, IMO.
No worries. Unless he gets some really poor advice he`ll be back. He could be incredible next year. Quite possibly national player finalist with all the things he can do on the court.

Reaction Score
No worries. Unless he gets some really poor advice he`ll be back. He could be incredible next year. Quite possibly national player finalist with all the things he can do on the court.
Why would it be really poor advice though? Because we're UConn fans and don't want to see him go? As we know, the NBA drafts often on potential and DHam is already a half finished product with loads of potential. I think he'll return but if I'm an NBA GM and he's available at 20-31 or so, I'd have to seriously consider taking him.

Reaction Score
Why would it be really poor advice though? Because we're UConn fans and don't want to see him go? As we know, the NBA drafts often on potential and DHam is already a half finished product with loads of potential. I think he'll return but if I'm an NBA GM and he's available at 20-31 or so, I'd have to seriously consider taking him.
Thats my point. Why come out this year and land mid to late first round money when you can come out next year and get lottery money? Financially it dont make sense to come out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom