The Jets - the Adam Gase show | The Boneyard

The Jets - the Adam Gase show

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Holy crap. I can't believe they did that. I guess those two couldn't get along. I always thought it was odd after all the bad drafts....and crappy on field results that Mac kept his job. But you figured once he did, he was in it for at least this year. When the rift happened between these two, I guess Johnson thought one had to go and it wasn't going to be the new head coach.

I really hate being a jets fan. Something bad always happens. I am waiting for Darnold to have a career ending injury.

Being a UConn football and Jets fan the past few years has really made me question why I follow the sport...lol.

Reaction Score
The only thing strange about this is doing it after the draft, Mac should have been fired when Bowles was let go.

So far I like Gase, he has a cut-throat mad scientist edge to him that reminds me of Belichick. Maybe Gase and Darnold can be the new Belichick and Brady.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just curious. Right about what? If he is even close to the player he was with the Steeler's, he will be by far the Jet's best player.
I guess time will tell on that. I know some in the organization are not pleased for not showing up for voluntary workouts.

This firing might have a little to do with Gase thinking Bell was overpaid.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
After sitting out a year, you would think he would make an effort to show commitment to the new team who forked over millions.

Sure he didn't have to show up....but he still should have. New team, new coach, new contact....no show.

Disappointing.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Jets just can’t keep a good feeling goin, decent FA signings good draft

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not a Jet's fan, but very smart move getting rid of the GM who was poor

Reaction Score
Just curious. Right about what? If he is even close to the player he was with the Steeler's, he will be by far the Jet's best player.
NO attack here Devland just wondering how anyone could have him penciled in as the teams best player?
I won't use the head banging the wall thingy but really?
He has already disrespected his new team and most importantly new offensive line. With his quirky running style, communication and bonding with the O line is of the utmost importance. Many players are envious of those making way more money while they man the plow. It is not unheard of for one to slip and miss a block for one they have a problem with. He is no way near a team player and off on the wrong foot here.

Not to mention a hard man to like...He agrees.....

One has to hope the head coach who has said he is over paid will use him appropriately.
That will also determine how he is used or punished for being the piece that he is. Not like he will care as he has gotten his money.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
He was a terrible coach in Miami. He could not coach star players, chased them away. Same with Bell. Live wit it. You are a Doogie Howser coach, not Shula. Insecure Captain Queeg. Jets are doomed

Reaction Score
He was a terrible coach in Miami. He could not coach star players, chased them away. Same with Bell. Live wit it. You are a Doogie Howser coach, not Shula. Insecure Captain Queeg. Jets are doomed

I wonder if he learned anything from his first head coaching job. I will always remember a game against Buffalo where Miami was on defense and committing penalty after penalty. An offsides followed by two personal fouls. And where was Gase when the camera flashed to Miami's sideline? Sitting on the bench with his head buried in some offensive play charts, not even paying attention to the hell that was breaking loose on the field. I get that he thinks he is some sort of an offensive mastermind, but when you're the head coach you kind of need to pay attention to the entire team.

If this guy succeeds, I think it will be one of the biggest shocks I have ever seen.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I wonder if he learned anything from his first head coaching job. I will always remember a game against Buffalo where Miami was on defense and committing penalty after penalty. An offsides followed by two personal fouls. And where was Gase when the camera flashed to Miami's sideline? Sitting on the bench with his head buried in some offensive play charts, not even paying attention to the hell that was breaking loose on the field. I get that he thinks he is some sort of an offensive mastermind, but when you're the head coach you kind of need to pay attention to the entire team.

If this guy succeeds, I think it will be one of the biggest shocks I have ever seen.
I think that's why he hired a high profile DC. Should be interesting.

Reaction Score
I think that's why he hired a high profile DC. Should be interesting.

He definitely needs to improve on his hiring of assistants. He had an offensive line coach who ended up being a cocaine addict, a defensive coordinator who was in way over his head, and a tight ends coach who was so bad that the kid they drafted last year had to resort to sending his game tape back to Penn State in an effort to get some help. Amazingly, this guy ended up being around .500 as a head coach which I think says more about the way the NFL is set up than it does about him.

Reaction Score
He definitely needs to improve on his hiring of assistants. He had an offensive line coach who ended up being a cocaine addict, a defensive coordinator who was in way over his head, and a tight ends coach who was so bad that the kid they drafted last year had to resort to sending his game tape back to Penn State in an effort to get some help. Amazingly, this guy ended up being around .500 as a head coach which I think says more about the way the NFL is set up than it does about him.

His current TE coach is John Dunn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom