The Jackson play | The Boneyard

The Jackson play

Reaction Score
I think we all saw this and said how the hell did he do that? He had an insane block right after this that was wrongly called a goaltend. He does some things that nobody else in college basketball can do...

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I think we all saw this and said how the hell did he do that? He had an insane block right after this that was wrongly called a goaltend. He does some things that nobody else in college basketball can do...

Walton was lost somewhere in his memories and spent 0 seconds on this. Didn’t even get a replay.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Not to be a debbie downer but this didn't seem all that impressive beyond the fact that he can jump out of the gym. The Iowa State player feinted towards the hoop and then retreated to the three point line after the lob had already been tossed. I loved Bill Walton's quote: "Andre Jackson is treating the floor like a trampoline."

The block however was fully legit. Andre's going to put a lot of pressure on referees to official things they don't typically see.

Reaction Score
That was one of his several athletic plays tonight. The first one I remember being amazed about was that drive to the hoop early where he changed direction and body control on the way up like three times, just missed the layup and put back his own shot. It was called off. I think because he was fouled if I remember right.

Reaction Score
That was one of his several athletic plays tonight. The first one I remember being amazed about was that drive to the hoop early where he changed direction and body control on the way up like three times, just missed the layup and put back his own shot. It was called off. I think because he was fouled if I remember right.
When he figures out that he can get to the basket at will if he decides too it will change everything for him. He can blow by defenders, has a solid handle and can jump higher than 90% of guys hes going to face and he will either score or get fouled. Every now and then he`ll get the charge or miss the shot but thats ok because the payoff will be worth it. A guy like that can break down what a team wants to do defensively and just cause utter havoc. He seemed to start doing it tonight so that was encouraging.

Reaction Score
Remember that. He hung around in the air, avoided a defender and charge, had a cup of coffee, and put the ball in.

Reaction Score
When he figures out that he can get to the basket at will if he decides too it will change everything for him. He can blow by defenders, has a solid handle and can jump higher than 90% of guys hes going to face and he will either score or get fouled. Every now and then he`ll get the charge or miss the shot but thats ok because the payoff will be worth it. A guy like that can break down what a team wants to do defensively and just cause utter havoc. He seemed to start doing it tonight so that was encouraging.
More like 100 percent

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
When we have someone like AJax coming off the bench, that is a huge problem for the rest of the country. I'm thinking that our 6, 7, 8, and maybe 9th player is a starter at almost every other school. Wow. Just wow.

Reaction Score
Which Jackson play, exactly?
He had another very nice defensive play in the second half where he deflected the ball on the left side of the court but was unable to save it. Just one play among many.

Reaction Score
When we started the game we looked a bit off was a bit nervous a part of me was thinking we were gonna be in one of those 20-5 holes when Jackson came in I felt way more comfortable saying we got because you can just the energy when Jackson comes off the bench.

Reaction Score

Fully convinced the kid would have been an Olympic-level track athlete if he hadn't played basketball as a kid. He's a freak.

Reaction Score
The block however was fully legit. Andre's going to put a lot of pressure on referees to official things they don't typically see.

The block was legit, and it really is because refs aren't used to it. In the NBA, they wouldn't have called it. He changes the physics of the game, and the refs are making split second gut decisions--they got it wrong.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I honestly don't think I've ever seen a player come from behind and intercept a lob pass at its apex. I've seen them blocked or tipped, from the basket side, but snatched out of the air, from behind? That's just wild. I once saw my cat leap about 6-7 feet off the ground and snatch a bird out of the air. Looked similar.

@HuskyWarrior611 is right, he just gains us a lot of possessions with rebounds, steals, blocks and hustle plays on loose balls.

Reaction Score
cat jumping GIF
lights out AJ

Reaction Score
I remember distinctly waiting for a replay and was shocked there was no mention of it. That said, Jackson is so unique as a player. His ability to impact a game and still remain so raw offensively is astounding.

Reaction Score
Forget this play, remember when UConn figured out they could break the press by throwing it deep to Jackson even though he was double covered? Has the kid ever played football before and if not - why?

Reaction Score

he had the somewhat similar (and equally freaky) play last year where he came out of nowhere to block a lob-dunk attempt against LIU.

i think the fact that this iowa state play was on the big stage and that he somehow managed to retain possession makes it even more impressive though. he does something crazy basically every game.

Reaction Score
When we have someone like AJax coming off the bench, that is a huge problem for the rest of the country. I'm thinking that our 6, 7, 8, and maybe 9th player is a starter at almost every other school. Wow. Just wow.
I don't think he'll be coming off the bench much longer. We'll see.

Reaction Score
I don't think he'll be coming off the bench much longer. We'll see.
We seem to have a knack for some slow starts while he’s sitting on the bench. Happened against both ISU and Alabama. I want him in from the tip and this team to assert their will from the very beginning. He just impacts the game too much to have him sitting. My guess is he starts by league play.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We seem to have a knack for some slow starts while he’s sitting on the bench. Happened against both ISU and Alabama. I want him in from the tip and this team to assert their will from the very beginning. He just impacts the game too much to have him sitting. My guess is he starts by league play.
@navery12 posted something about Hurley saying he was working on conditioning and shaking off offensive rust.

After that we saw him take his most shots on the year yesterday to get a double double so maybe it’s a motivation tactic? I don’t even mind him missing because eventually they’ll start falling or he’ll learn how to get to the line more with his athleticism. Just need teams to respect him as a scorer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom