The Irony | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Irony

Reaction Score
Congrats, you’ve come up with the most epically stupid take throughout this process.

A smart person might realize - wow I sound like a beat writer for Stonington boy’s basketball - perhaps I should reconsider.

Here is the thing about college sports and rivalries... the number one criteria is.... wait for it.... geographic proximity.

That you and other AAC tools can’t wrap your head around the Big East is better and always will
be better at basketball is the cherry on your stupid sundae.

I’m starting to think he is BCGenius (not mad)

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Here is the thing about college sports and rivalries... the number one criteria is.... wait for it.... geographic proximity.
And if they're not of local interest, they need to bring some cachet. Texas, UCLA and Arizona aren't close, but they bring something to the table. Outside of Cincinnati and Memphis (especially now with Penny), none of the other non-Temple schools bring either criteria to the table, for me. I just don't get excited to see them. Temple gets credit for being local, but still doesn't feel like a big game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Congrats, you’ve come up with the most epically stupid take throughout this process.

A smart person might realize - wow I sound like a beat writer for Stonington boy’s basketball - perhaps I should reconsider.

That you and other AAC tools can’t wrap your head around the Big East is better and always will
be better at basketball is the cherry on your stupid sundae.
Just loved the run we had against BCU. All the more pleasurable given what they did to UConn.

But it doesn’t compare to taking down the Dukes or Kentucky’s or Arizona’s.

Give me the St. John’s and Georgetown’s of the early 90’s and not the current version.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just loved the run we had against BCU. All the more pleasurable given what they did to UConn.

But it doesn’t compare to taking down the Dukes or Kentucky’s or Arizona’s.

Give me the St. John’s and Georgetown’s of the early 90’s and not the current version.

Yeah that isn’t an option. Sorry you only get to pick between actual opportunities.

Reaction Score
I'd actually disagee with Fairfield on Temple. I think they're actually a perfect game for us just because while you want your out of conference schedule to be good, you don't want it to be too good. And they're good, not great; but they'll never deep six your schedule - and they're local. Truth be told while Memphis and Cincinnati bring some oomph with them, I think Temple is arguably the best fit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom