The Importance of Rentschler and UCONN fans 9/13/2008 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Importance of Rentschler and UCONN fans 9/13/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was more frustrated by the bad snap out of the shotgun that sailed past Lorenzen. It took us from driving inside UVa's 40 the wrong side of the 50. Back breaker.

Which lousy snap? There were two in a row. UConn was doing to itself what Chris Long and the Cavaliers wouldn't have been able to do - not only stall the drive, but move the offense backwards and, more importantly turn the ball over. A precursor to the ongoing difficulties that UConn has had on the offensive side of the ball (wasn't that the same year that Wake made 10 points hold up against UConn's inept offense and WVU held the Husky offense to "under 4 points" in the "winner take all" showdown for the Big East championship?

Reaction Score
I thought that was about as close to the old days as I can remember. Was a great day and there was belief in the air. I thought we were going to get it done, but we could not sustain on O.

Not when - with all kinds of momentum going for the Huskies - your tight end drops a ten yard pass with no one around him and 20 yards of open field ahead of him. Go back, check the play by play (or better yet watch the vid) and you'll see that after that drop and the resultant stalled drive, the momentum shifted entirely to Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate
Top Bottom