The "I like the new unis" thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The "I like the new unis" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am a fan.

On the old uniform, the piping was unnecessary and tacky, and the helmets, although novel, were awkward. blank sides with the narrow husky eyes just didn't look quite right.

New uniforms kill the piping, which is a huge plus, and the helmets are unique and distinct in an old-school way with the single blue stripe.

I wouldn't have picked the particular striping they used on the shirts and pants, would have tried to mirror the basketball striping a bit more but it's not terrible. Also, would have probably kept the UCONN wordmark on the jerseys or put it somewhere on the pants piping, being a newer D1 school we can't quite get away with the strict Alabama/Penn state minimalism.

Overall solid B. Anyone complaining has to realize, Nike is not sending their designing A team to make UConn football uniforms. it's just the facts of where we are right now. These are nice, clean, basic, catch the eye a bit with the helmet. Overall a win.

Reaction Score
I like the red face mask, its the only part of the new uni with any flair. The best way to describe the rest is plain. I like the husky but it should be bigger, it should cover the entire side of the helmet. I don't hate it but I'm a little disappointed.

Reaction Score
We should be glad Nike had mercy on us. These uniforms are about as good as it can get, given the colors we use now.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
We should be glad Nike had mercy on us. These uniforms are about as good as it can get, given the colors we use now.
Definitely the unis can get better. But that doesn't mean they're bad. It's not a binary choice, although people seem to act like everything is either good or evil.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Definitely the unis can get better. But that doesn't mean they're bad. It's not a binary choice, although people seem to act like everything is either good or evil.

Edsall = Good
Pasqualoni = Evil
Manuel = Good
Hathaway = Evil
Uni's = meh
Diaco = undetermined

Not everything!

:)

Reaction Score
I am not a fan of how the shoulder stripes or whatever those are called now look. But this is still a great overall use of the new logo, colors and all, knowing that athletic fashion changes with time.

It's not binary. Consensus of opinion is what applies here.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Red trim reminds me of the early 00s basketball unis. A plus in my book. Then again, the uniforms are the least of my preoccupations.

Reaction Score
Don't like the amount of red we are going with in the uni's. I think the blue stripe on the helmet would have looked better tapering to a point on the back rather than the same width the whole way. Also would have liked to see a grey or white facemask. But overall the new look is a lot better.
Would have like some red trim in the center of the blue stripe, or a smaller blue stripe with red on the edges.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
By that definition, I used to have a couple of "intriguing" ex-girlfriends, too... :eek: (I kid, I kid....but not really...)

You are truly Everyman.

It may have been Sir Walter Scott ( or Raleigh?) who said: "There is no true beauty that hasn't an element of strangeness to it." Like you, I dated many "true beauties."

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The new helmets/unis get a "B". Which is better than last year's (D), but not as good as the block "C" unis (A-).

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with red, white, and blue.
It's blue, red and white! lol National flag blue. :p

We also have gray as an unofficial color, and I also think the color of the eyes can come into play some day down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom