The "I like the new unis" thread | The Boneyard

The "I like the new unis" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With all the bashing in the other threads, I wanted at have a thread for those who actually dont think the are the sign of the apocolypse. I, for one, am more of a traditionalist, as i think Diaco is, and like the more subtle look. I think the dogs on the side are just right, and i like it better than the block C

More important than the look is the quality of play. We will see how much that goes in the fall.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I like 'em. Looking forward to seeing which game they pick to unveil the gray alternates! Let's start our own new tradition similar to Notre Dame wearing their green and Nebraska their black jerseys for "special" games.

Reaction Score
I like them.....it would be pretty cool to see some metallic colors on the 3rd uniform helmet.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Honestly I don't mind the uniforms or helmet, but that face mask is ugly.

I think this is the right statement for me, too. I think the helmet overall went in the right direction, with the Husky logo on the side of the helmet. Props to the designers for that. The face mask? Let's hope there is an equipment manager with a blue alternate and a screwdriver... ;)

Reaction Score
Don't like the amount of red we are going with in the uni's. I think the blue stripe on the helmet would have looked better tapering to a point on the back rather than the same width the whole way. Also would have liked to see a grey or white facemask. But overall the new look is a lot better.

Reaction Score
I like them better and wonder if there will also be an alternate helmet. Not digging the red face mask. Although I'm not a block "C" fan, I think the block "C" on a white helmet would have looked sharp.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'll add other comments later but I believe it is obvious that there is a concerted effort from leadership to add red to our school colors.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I like a cleaner look on uniforms, so it's fine with me. I really hated the piping on the shoulders and down the front. Except for a brief period in the 90's when Skippy was the coach, this is the only appearance of red on our helmets in years.

Reaction Score
I would prefer they drop the red altogether. Just go blue and white like classic Penn State. Red White and Blue just seems too colorful.

Reaction Score
Uniforms are improved. More of a classic look. They'll probably introduce some red color in the merchandise line also.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I would prefer they drop the red altogether. Just go blue and white like classic Penn State. Red White and Blue just seems too colorful.
The red! It burns my eyes! Land of Steady Habits!

Reaction Score
the uni's themselves are alright... helmet took a step back, but if they start winning i really wont give a f....:)

Reaction Score
Yes, school colors are blue & white, but we've had red trim (& sometimes grey) on the basketball uniforms & the other sports teams unis for years. Think they overdid it with the red facemask - it stands out a lot. Blue, white, or even grey would have looked better there. But maybe they are trying to work in more red. Would like to see alternate blue helmets return too - those always looked sharp.

They really simplified the rest of the uniform. No names on the back or shoulder numbers? The piping trim is also gone. The word UCONN was prominent on last year's uniform (front of jersey & back of the helmet) and is now barely legible on the pants.

My take - I like the helmets better because I hated the Call of the Wild ones - it was a bold idea but poorly executed IMO. The rest of the uniform is more bland now but can live with that. Maybe these are just prototypes that they'll tweak later, but as of now, overall they're a slight improvement. Slight.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
This really doesn't seem like 'I like the new uniforms thread'...

'helmet took a step back'
'I would prefer they drop the red altogether'
'Not digging the red face mask'
'that face mask is ugly'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads