The Huskies Earn a Passing Grade | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Huskies Earn a Passing Grade

Reaction Score
I used to practice behind the back passes because of Bob Cousy. I would run the length of the court starting 7 ft from the wall and would catch it with same hand I passed with. Left and right handed.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kia does a fantastic job of anticipating defensive rebounds and turnovers. She releases a split second before UConn secures the ball and then outruns everyone else down the court, often for an easy layup.

After the Louisville game, I believe Asia Durr said something to the effect that, “Right after you take a shot it seems like Kia Nurse is already at half court heading the other way.

That's because Kia has become adept at seeing into the future. She knows that once the ball goes up, there's a real good chance it's going to be coming back the other way PDQ!!! :D

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Bill Bradley made great touch and redirection passes as a collegian. Didn’t seem to try as often with the Knicks.
I saw Bradley play in the Missouri High School State Championship game his senior year here in St. Louis. Never thought he would be as good as he turned out.

Reaction Score
Yes I am. You graduated HS in 1971 (you mentioned this in one of your posts). I graduated in 1967. I also got to meet Bill Russell at a Johnny Mathis concert in Las Vegas. I was standing in line (waiting to get in) directly behind him. I acknowledged him, said hello, but did not bug him. He was very cordial. :)
Nice! Good health to you! Keep talking basketball history. The youngsters can always google it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom