The Horde at Practice Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Some tweets from John A:

John Altavilla@jaltavilla
Stokes was on the floor for about 15 to 20 minutes Friday. "We are getting closer to getting her back, but not likely [Sat] #uconnwomen

Geno says sophomore F Kiah Stokes is beginning to feel better [stess reaction] She hasn't played since Dec. 6 #UConnwomen

John Altavilla ‏@jaltavilla
Geno on Bria Hartley playing 7 minutes at Oregon: "I just didn't feel like playing her. I thought [Jefferson and Tuck] deserved more PT."

Geno: "ND gets fouled a lot and they never foul. And when they foul, they let you know about it." #uconnwomen

What's he saying? They foul hard?

Geno: "That [the FT discrepancy] is uncanny. They must have a secret formula for it. We'd like to find out what it is. And they never foul."

Geno delivers subtle message that he believes #ndwbb getting to foul line a lot and opponents are not #UConnwomen

Subtle?

Geno on #ndwbb "They are as good as any team we will play, so if you play poorly or don’t make plays when you need to, they beat you.”

Geno thinks freshman G Jewell Loyd is #ndwbb best player right now. "She makes a lot of things happen for them." #UConnwomen

Geno on #ndwbb beating #UConnwomen 4 out of 5: "“They were really good when they needed to be and we stank when we needed to be [good]"

Yep, that's about it. UConn was up in both the game in SB and the FF game.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The game in the 2011 F4 will forever piss me off. Maya's third NC was there for the taking!

Reaction Score
Is Geno working the refs before the game even start? He won't to that, would he? :)

Reaction Score
Is Geno working the refs before the game even start? He won't to that, would he? :)

I posted days ago that I believed he started that immediately after the ST game;)
Rightfully so! Either call fouls consistently or dont call them at all! Either way we will
benefit:)
Ira

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Geno - ". . . .and they never foul"
Actually they do foul. They foul more than UConn. The large discrepancy is that they get fouled - a lot. Not only that, a larger percentage of the fouls are shooting fouls. They are also a better FT shooting team.

UConn has gotten fouled 183 times in 12 games. From that they had 185 FT's and 138 points.
ND has gotten fouled 219 times in 12 games. From that they had 283 FT's and 230 points.

That's a 10 PPG difference between the teams. Significant, but not because ND doesn't foul.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Geno - ". . . .and they never foul"
Actually they do foul. They foul more than UConn. The large discrepancy is that they get fouled - a lot. Not only that, a larger percentage of the fouls are shooting fouls. They are also a better FT shooting team.

UConn has gotten fouled 183 times in 12 games. From that they had 185 FT's and 138 points.
ND has gotten fouled 219 times in 12 games. From that they had 283 FT's and 230 points.

That's almost a 10 PPG difference between the teams. Significant, but not because ND doesn't foul.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Indeed it was.
I'm with you guys on that. Bad play by Stef, bad call on Stef, and she had to sit. That opened the lane for a series of and-ones.

We have no doubt we would have beaten TAMU.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Did Geno mention anything about jet lag? :rolleyes:
He did mention on The Geno Show that when he got home on New Years Day, he slept. He didn't know if the girls celebrated, but he slept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom