The Honig Double Pass | The Boneyard

The Honig Double Pass

Reaction Score
Following the successful 4th & 1 was a GREAT time for some type of play action pass to take a shot downfield. I wasn't totally thrilled with the Honig play call or the execution. State's CB #3 White was not fooled and had Houston covered. But Joly blew right by FS #0 Brown ... If only Honig had made that read.

20230901_114439.jpg

Reaction Score
Following the successful 4th & 1 was a GREAT time for some type of play action pass to take a shot downfield. I wasn't totally thrilled with the Honig play call or the execution. State's CB #3 White was not fooled and had Houston covered. But Joly blew right by FS #0 Brown ... If only Honig had made that read.

View attachment 91141

This is what’s called a Nick Charlton special. Never let a good drive get in the way of calling a totally useless trick play that fools nobody.

Reaction Score
This is what’s called a Nick Charlton special. Never let a good drive get in the way of calling a totally useless trick play that fools nobody.
I think I might prefer those Cale Millen trick plays over this one lol

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That pass was a duck. Do you really think he hits him 30+ yards downfield? I have my doubts.
The pass must have slipped out of his hand to have been that wobbly. Lucky it wasn’t picked. I’m not a skeet shooter but I think even I could have shot that one down. Time will tell if they ever decide to try another pass play with him.

Reaction Score
The pass must have slipped out of his hand to have been that wobbly. Lucky it wasn’t picked. I’m not a skeet shooter but I think even I could have shot that one down. Time will tell if they ever decide to try another pass play with him.
Yes, lets fail once and never try again. Keep that play book closed!! Mora has an awful lot of experience at a very high level. Some of of Charltons play calling probably defers to or references Moras directions. I would imagine the staff saw all the same game that we did, lets find out if they can adjust and improve and progress.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yes, lets fail once and never try again. Keep that play book closed!! Mora has an awful lot of experience at a very high level. Some of of Charltons play calling probably defers to or references Moras directions. I would imagine the staff saw all the same game that we did, lets find out if they can adjust and improve and progress.
I didn’t say they should never try again i said time will tell.

Reaction Score
I think I might prefer those Cale Millen trick plays over this one lol
Speaking of which, didn't Millen move back to the QB room? And didn't he play some TE? It woulda made more sense to use him I would think.

Reaction Score
Speaking of which, didn't Millen move back to the QB room? And didn't he play some TE? It woulda made more sense to use him I would think.
Millen is a scout team QB right now. Before Zermeno left, Millen was playing safety in the spring. I think he got some special teams snaps on Thursday, but he can't come in on offense unless either he or Brett Buckman change their number since they're both #10. I don't recall him playing TE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom