The Hartford Whalers are back! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Hartford Whalers are back!

Reaction Score
And in other news the Baltimore Modell’s were going to wear Browns jerseys but decided they were too ugly ... what a joke

Reaction Score
The Hurricanes will be using these uniforms for their 2 games against Boston this year. I plan to be at the Bruins game on 3/5/19 and will hopefully be able to buy a uniform there! It will be awesome to see the classic whalers uniform against the B's again!

I know i'm in the minority here but I am very excited for this!

Reaction Score
The prior owner of the 'Canes, our old friend Mr. Karmanos, I believed owned the marketing rights to the Whalers from when he moved the team to Raleigh. He actually used the name Whalers (and a very similar color pattern) for an OHL team he also owned in Michigan called the Plymouth Whalers that played at the Compuware Arena (the company he created). By selling the OHL team in 2015 (the team relocated to Flint MI), the arena (now owned by USA Hockey as their primary development location) and the Canes, it appears he no longer controls the Whalers brand.

The good news is that Carolina's new owner finally acknowledges that the Hartford Whalers used to exist. That said, Dundon is likely doing this to generate some positive press for his $500 million investment after all of the bad press surrounding the sale of the 'Canes, which include the team moving to Quebec City. Dundon and the NHL now appear to be committed to keeping the team in Raleigh for the foreseeable future.

Nevertheless, its still insulting. The Whale and Hartford should not be separated.

Reaction Score
Also, how isn't this good press for Connecticut/UConn in the heart of ACC land?

Reaction Score
A lot of business has relocated to Carolina. I doubt any press about Hartford impacts the locals other than their laughter about our economy

Reaction Score
There were a lot of awful things going on in the world yesterday (which I was upset about too) a
The Hurricanes will be using these uniforms for their 2 games against Boston this year. I plan to be at the Bruins game on 3/5/19 and will hopefully be able to buy a uniform there! It will be awesome to see the classic whalers uniform against the B's again!

I know i'm in the minority here but I am very excited for this!

@temery can I pleasssse have a dislike button?

Reaction Score
If Carolina is doing a throwback Hartford Whalers night, it only makes sense for the Jets to do a throwback Atlanta Thrashers night

Reaction Score
If Carolina is doing a throwback Hartford Whalers night, it only makes sense for the Jets to do a throwback Atlanta Thrashers night

At the same time Winnipeg can play Calgary, who can wear their Atlanta Flames throwback sweaters.

Reaction Score
There were a lot of awful things going on in the world yesterday (which I was upset about too) a

@temery can I pleasssse have a dislike button?

The whalers left hartford over 20 years ago. Time to be like a drunk girl getting out of an uber and leave everything behind.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Was gonna post the same thing.
Really? I was leaning more toward "Go die in a hole you @$#%&s"

Reaction Score
Get me a jersey with Samuelson on the back and I’ll gladly wear it in Boston for all the Cam Neely fans

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom