The Hartford Whalers are back! | The Boneyard

The Hartford Whalers are back!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Doesn't Hartford "own" the likeness/trademark? Surprised they'd let the Hurricanes use it.

Reaction Score
Doesn't Hartford "own" the likeness/trademark? Surprised they'd let the Hurricanes use it.
I saw in an article somewhere today that the NHL bought it sometime recently. I was under the same impression though.

Are they going to play Brass Bonanza too?
They already have been. They used it in some of the promotional marketing.

Sad, sad, day.

I ran into this article that made me feel happier though about on (the only?) Whaler left at ice level.

Dom Amore: Whalers Days Still Matter As Paul Maurice, Veteran Coach, Chases The Cup

Last edited:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Since the Whale left town, like many I felt abandoned and without a team to root for in a sport I loved. I followed/rooted for the Red Wings for a while after, and then the Islanders. Last season I really enjoyed the Vegas Golden Knights on their quest to the finals - for now, this will be the team I will follow .... however, no other team will match the "hometown" team.

Reaction Score
I believe about 8 years ago Whalers merchandise was one of the better sellers for nhl. Not sure about now

Reaction Score
I mean, what bigger kick in the balls to Hartford could they do?

Reaction Score
I saw in an article somewhere today that the NHL bought it sometime recently. I was under the same impression though.

They already have been. They used it in some of the promotional marketing.

Sad, sad, day.

I ran into this article that made me feel happier though about on (the only?) Whaler left at ice level.

Dom Amore: Whalers Days Still Matter As Paul Maurice, Veteran Coach, Chases The Cup

If I recall correctly the state sold the rights to the NHL

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’ll have to ask one of dozens of super original dudes wearing whalers gear at the football game this Saturday how they feel about this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’ll have to ask one of dozens of super original dudes wearing whalers gear at the football game this Saturday how they feel about this.
It's easily one of the best logo's in sports and arguably the best hockey sweater.

Reaction Score
What surprises me is that the team has been in Carolina three years longer than they were in Hartford. Time flies.

Reaction Score
Whalers and hurricanes. Cannot recall that being a good idea.

On the bright side, this is good press for Hartford to some degree.

How is it good press? It makes the city look like a doormat.

Reaction Score
This shouldn't bother me as much as it does. For some reason though.. it really bothers me. There is an H for Hartford right in the middle of their chests. It'd bother me no less if they put Pucky on there instead, so it's possible I'm just sour grapes'ing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom