OT: - The Grass Isn't Always Greener for Transfers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: The Grass Isn't Always Greener for Transfers

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
So my interest in the portal is not to just pick up another body, or injury protection with a big in the portal, but rather having my antenna out for that rare very good experienced C who for one year could start, and be as good or better than say Dorka this year or Liv her senior year. That type of player that is plug and play ready, could be significantly better than what we could realistically expect from Ice or Jana in their first year.
Other schools with very good senior C's who missed time because of a season ending injury are Iowa State, Tennessee and Oregon. I'm not saying it is likely, but possible that a player in that position would consider Uconn for one year, a dream they couldn't pass up. Otherwise if you didn't think a transfer could be as good or better than first year Ice or Jana don't bother.
Some interesting points, however if we project Aubrey and everyone else is back, that puts the roster at 14. If all is as expected, there would have to be a spectacular reason to add a 15th player. Of course, this is all being said whilst in the midst of the NCAAT, and there's a looooong time between now and October.

Perhaps more realistic, is the case for 2024-25, where if Paige, Aaliyah, and/or Nika do not take their covid year, then roster is at 11, with only one oral commitment. If the three decide to stay, then the roster is back up to 14 again.

Reaction Score
Lou--thank You LOU--and Dorka--are the exception and mess up the rule. Geno has going way back tried a transfer and most have proven his --no transfers--correct, EXCEPT in necessity.
If each Transfer fit in as well as Lou or Dorka (who blossomed as a Husky) I'd tell Geno to --Load UP.
But that isn't the usual. Two of the best and were OUR exceptionals!!
Not to forget Evina Westbrook. "MOMA E"!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom